Astran / Middle East Drivers

Well done Nianiamh for putting those photos on the web. The one with Kapicula was especially interesting as I remember always fighting my way across that bombsite on numerous occassions. One particular time stands out mostley, I was making my way through,and as everyone knows that has been there, you’ve got about twenty lanes (if you can call them that) of trucks converging onto a single lane going through the sheep dip. I had Bulgy Ints to the front,sides and every where there was a space. As we shunted forward I was getting sandwiched between to Bulgies and my mirrors were dangerously close to getting demolished. I had a left ■■■■■■ (WHITE Commander 2) at the time,and I jumped out to confront the Bulgy on my right hand side (being young and foolish then). Pointing to my mirror I said " you touch my mirror and there’s going to be KRIEG between England and Bulgaria" waving my fist towards him. He leaned out his window, clasped both hands together and cried out " NO NO! England Bulgaria friends- we fight Turks." I had to laugh, shook him by the hand and got back in the motor. When we started to move again he held back and let me slip in. I have plenty of memories and whenever Kapicula gets a mention Ialways think of that ol’ Bulgy. 'OL GRAVEL GUTS :imp: