Beating the virus

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
A curb on my liberties might be OK if we weren’t led by Boris Johnson and co | Nick Cohen | The Guardian
An opinion piece.
■■■■ up rather than conspiracy.
But not a happy future for us in anything this cheating fool meddles in.
Johnson spinning like mad again describing our Brexit options as an Australian type deal…That is, in plain speak, no deal.

Who would have thought it the Brexit talks breaking down because an unpopular leader is refusing to obey international law to try and be popular!!!
As the German’s are reported to have a told him a deal will allow you to fish but no deal won’t.

Unpopular leader? Elected much less than one year ago with a stonking 80 seat majority, why is he so unpopular now? Even he might expect a honeymoon longer than that.
The Brexit talks werent exactly going along as smoothly and easily as predicted before he spoke of making the UK an untrustworthy trading partner that cant be relied on to keep its word.
I thought the Germans were leaning on France to be softer on fishing rights, rather than the UK? I could be wrong on that, if youve seen different? . Anyway, fishing? Less than 10,000 full time fishers in the UK, plus supporting workers. SMMT says about UK vehicle makers "With some 168,000 people employed directly in manufacturing and in excess of 823,000 across the wider automotive industry, it accounts for 14.4% of total UK export of goods, worth £44 billion, and invests £3.75 billion each year in automotive R&D." This sector is in danger of having its goods exposed to high tariffs.
About 90% of all UK exports to the EU woud be affected, but the automotive sector could be tariffs at 10%.
Reverting to fishing, the fish caught by UK fishers are mostly…exported to the EU…
The fish we eat are often imported from the EU…
How is the introduction of trade barriers, resulting in extra tariffs, extra documentation, going to help anyone? No deal (aka Australian deal) is set to be awful for everyone except a few international financiers. No one in the UK seems likely to win that I can see.

Edit to add
yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/tr … val-rating
different measures on Johnsons and his Govs ratings for differnt aspects.

Not going to insult your intelligence but I’m sure you’re fully aware of whom I am talking about and yes it was the Germans who were putting pressure on him. I notice you haven’t put up the figures for French fishing probably in the scheme of things Channel fishing is about on a par with the UK as to it’s contribution to French GDP, but Macron doesn’t need another group against him. As recently as last weekend Simon Coveny said he could see a deal being reached and for several weeks the Times has been reporting that there was a quiet confidence that a deal would be reached as to Macron being more popular than Johnson who knows but I’ve yet to meet a Frenchman who likes him, and as for competency the French cancelled their track and trace last week as it wasn’t working.