Good companies around Mansfield?

I live in Mansfield but currently work in Derby. I like the company but the commute is starting to get to me. Are there any companies around Mansfield, within half an hour, which are good to work for and look after their drivers?

Look around Chesterfield you might be lucky. There is a giant Great Bear warehouse by Duckmanton off the M1.

WheelsofCardiff:
Look around Chesterfield you might be lucky. There is a giant Great Bear warehouse by Duckmanton off the M1.

He said good to work for and look after their drivers !!

Coop ?

There’s the CO-OP at Castlewood.

I did 2 years on agency there 2017-2019. If you want permanent they recruit fairly regular, money is or was around £35,000, you will be contracted to 40 something hours but usually work a lot less as runs are planned to the minute and very over generous with the time on them. Transport staff are a friendly bunch, other drivers were good and always helpful.

It just depends if you can cope with the work as it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, me personally I really liked it there as I’ve always preferred store type work.

There is also Gist at 29a which I believe is M&S work.

I can name other companies in Mansfield but cant comment on whether they look after staff - Mitchell’s, Taylor’s, Eurocell, Synseal are ones of the top of my head.

Further south you have UK Mail and DPD down at junction 26 near Bulwell.

Alloga/Alliance Healthcare just off J28 seemed a decent place when I was in there and I see a few of their motors on night trunks.