Class 1 work mansfield

I’ve been out of driving for a year looking at getting back in to class 1 work. I have over 6 years experience with fridges curtains and car transporters. Wondering if anyone know of good place near mansfield/ j28 M1.

The problem is you said somewhere good to drive so that rules out maurice hill, taylors and bowrings. COOP and NFT always need drivers if that’s your sort of thing K & N have got a depot near the snipe pub running goods for kerry foods and if you’re into uPVC there’s synseal or eurocell. Nearest car transporters I can think of is Quinns up at jct 31.

There’s a reason that co-op and nft are always short of drivers… :laughing:
Every type of work is subjective to every driver, ive worked for most of those firms mentioned and enjoy flat bed work the most. That would leave me two of the firms to try, the rest are of no intetest to me at all. The pay is pretty crap for all as for per hour goes but potential to earn in most if you don’t mind over time.

Coop doesn’t interest me worked for nft never again started at Taylor’s years ago don’t think i would go back but never say never. Tramping is ok and worked for Quinns before and really liked it but not sure if I want less than a shoe box room again.
I would travel for decent work tramping.

Allegro?

XPO south normanton were looking for drivers recently check their jobs page.

I worked for Adina’s agency. She was brilliant. Did alot of SportsDirect double manning. Was good experience. I worked at Taylors. Less said the better. Class 1 I was on £8 an hour but different drivers were on different rates. Wasnt happy there as it was dodgy as ■■■■ back in 2014.

Co-op is ok. Paid alright but hated the de-kit ■■■■■■■■. NFT was ■■■■. XPO is your best bet. Synseal was enjoyable work too.

CS2 nearish chesterfield if you want fridge work (just off J29) are a decent bunch, although I have to say that as I sat in one of their artics currently (on agency). :slight_smile:

Taylors isn’t really any less dodgy to be honest but sime like it. Absolute chaos at loading time.

Griffins have a few artics between ollerton and tuxford, or there’s walkers on same estate who are all class 1 plus cranes.

Grifiths in retford although a little further away. Run almost all precast concrete from a local site around the UK.

Martyn barrett in nottingham (trowell). Usually leave you alone a d think they have trampers.

How about West’s Transport :laughing: :laughing:
DHL at Newark on the dixon contract, did night trunking there about 10 years ago on agency was decent pay back then and steady work.
UGI or Alloga as it is now use to be a steady job too.
See NFT hasn’t changed then. :imp:
Check Great Bear out, their new warehouse at 29a opens in April.

Problem with north notts is the rate of pay is poor.

Also if worksop isnt too far then youve got canute explore and WIT yhat have advertised recently.
Strawsons farm on the a614 near the limes cafe have got a load of tippers might be worth giving them a ring.

Got sorted now thanks

danj:
Got sorted now thanks

Do tell…

Not that I’m after a job in that area but it may be helpful to other members here, especially if it’s a good gig.

Haulsome are looking and are supposed to be good, also reynolds both on the same site. Haulsome pay more, 36k per year so i am told, tramping plus bonus. Reynolds take on full timers and run new clean kit.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

jon waddoups tramping seem a decent bunch not too big decent kit and enjoyed the chat today so we will see how we go.

danj:
jon waddoups tramping seem a decent bunch not too big decent kit and enjoyed the chat today so we will see how we go.

Excellent mate. I genuinely wish you all the best. Keep us informed.

the maoster:

danj:

Excellent mate. I genuinely wish you all the best. Keep us informed.

Thank you moaster hopefully all goes well don’t start while 8th may due to holidays and notice period.

First week done and all good enjoying being back driving.