Mot advisories

dozy:

robroy:
Trying to flog a dodgy motor doze??
:grimacing:

I don’t know about dodgy rob it just cost me £617 to mot / service it and that was with a Vauxhall discount of 25 % off the original bill ( painfull)
They then said when changing plugs they’d noticed rust in coil pack & it would go sooner or later ( £225 apparently ) , 4 th coil pack in 47 , 000 miles ( I said leave it ) , 3 springs are apparently rusty , it has 2 small holes in exhaust that girl said would effect emmisions ( how did it manage to pass mot with 2 holes in exhaust , and apparently the 2 back tyres which are 3 yrs old are apparently splitting on side wall though I can’t see anything
They’ve been a really good garage but they I believe are trying to make there customers pay for the loss of earnings from being shut with covid
So need a 5 door so was going to change it anyway , car runs fine , but I guess after reading the crap they’ve wrote down it will cost me a big hit on p/x what 8 yr old car hasn’t got rusty springs , car runs fine but they put coil pack is rusty
I had my mrs car serviced , The ford dealer we’ve always gone to , £335 , I took it to another small ford dealer who even did a video of checks , explained everything , £201 !!!
How can there be a £135 difference from 1 ford dealer to another for the same service , why am I being asked to pay £225 for a coil pack that Is obviously a faulty part , 4 th one in £47,000 miles
This is all bad enough but then the daughter decides her car is 4 yrs old & done 30 k so dad needs to buy her a brand new Nissan quashqui, as if I’m not hemoriging enough money as it is , why does she need a quashqui as there’s only her , boyfriend & a cat , and mrs only I nput is not to say to her daughter , hang on dads spent £800 on cars this week , no her input is I prefer the Kia Sportage
Makes you wonder , I said for what I do 6/7 k is enough for a car , daughter thinks £25/30 k is fine when dads paying & not her & that boyfriend of hers ( not that she’ll be getting a 20k + car
ZB cars

The moral here is - don’t get your MOT done anywhere that does repairs as well, they’ll always assume you know sod all about mechanical matters and find something that ‘needs to be fixed urgently’. And if you genuinely do need some work done, if you can’t do it yourself, go to somewhere cheap and cheerful that’s been trading for decades, and whose premises are modest and paid for. Who do you think pays to keep millions of watts of lights burning 24-7 at the big shiny dealerships?