Has anyone ever bought a car from

these guys

nationwideautocentreonline.co.uk/

or know anything about them ■■

tia

firstly i’d much prefer to deal f2f with someone as you know you have a physical point of contact if it goes belly up, and secondly I don’t like that you can only get one or two models from each manufacturer, but if its what you’re looking for then I guess its ok! In relation to the company themselves, can’t say I’ve heard of them, but from being “in the industry” before I’ve heard of places who take your order over the phone or net and take your money even if they say they won’t until vehicle has been inspected on delivery, and the money goes, and the phone number becomes defunct and its a massive ball ache!

I have had an exhaust and an MOT done by these guys, are they pretending to be linked?

nationwideautocentres.co.uk/

Wheel Nut:
I have had an exhaust and an MOT done by these guys, are they pretending to be linked?

nationwideautocentres.co.uk/

I went into these for a cheap £99 servive and mot.
The car was an 02fiesta with 43k on the clock.

I walked out with a bill for £398 :open_mouth: not the £99 that i was expecting

Never again

Tonyb

Dont bother.
They are basically an agent who are selling cars for other people, like a middle man, Any problems and it will be a ball ache for you to get sorted out.

I don’t know why anyone would buy a car from a car dealer when you could buy one from the owner for less money and he will be honest with you about it.

Harry Monk:
and he will be possibly honest with you about it.

garnerlives:
firstly i’d much prefer to deal f2f with someone as you know you have a physical point of contact if it goes belly up,

that’s normally my attitude too, My daughter found them (don’t know where) and noticed prices were generally £1500ish cheaper than auto trader website

and secondly I don’t like that you can only get one or two models from each manufacturer, but if its what you’re looking for then I guess its ok!

She’s looking for a 3 yr (ish) old VW Golf , which they seem to have plenty of !!

In relation to the company themselves, can’t say I’ve heard of them, but from being “in the industry” before I’ve heard of places who take your order over the phone or net and take your money even if they say they won’t until vehicle has been inspected on delivery, and the money goes, and the phone number becomes defunct and its a massive ball ache!

Hmm, good point, if they ask for money before we see a car it’s bye bye time !!!

Thanks

Try Motorpoint, been told they are gonna be doing some ridiculous deals in January,
Or if youve got the cash try and find your local Hertz fleet sales,
We have 1 up here in Carrington, the guy wont sell them unless they are mint, less than 2 year old for very cheap money indeed.

Denis, have you considered going to your local motorauction? Trade prices for those who know a bit about cars! Some will have warranties still in force. Look for ex-fleet cars (NOT police!), Finance company cars, finance repossessions often go through without reserve (although you get what you get with them), look at the steering wheel and gear knob for signs of excessive wear (that’s sometimes an indicator that the car has been clocked (if it’s “low mileage”). Any rattles, bumps, squeaks or any hint of oil leaks etc…leave it alone! There will be other, better cars! If you get a chance, start it up from cold…any problems…walk away from it! If in any doubt…find the firm’s transporter drivers and aske them what they think…you’ll usually get an honest answer (especially when you tell 'em you’re a trucker too!).

I’m sure I’m probably teaching you how to ■■■■ eggs :blush: …just some of my experiences having worked for motorauction companies for a few years before joining my current job :wink:

shrek has made some good points about the auctions,however,you must know a thing or two about cars to confidentley buy from the auctions.
my advice is this(and its only my personal opinion).
steer clear of places like nationwide,car supermarkets,etc if buying used.
most of their cars are auction sourced,and they charge you quite a few quid more for running a cloth over it.request to see the log book of any car you are interested in before you buy,to see who the last owner was,and don"t be afraid to ask where they got the car from.
a car that has come from a rental company will have been cleaned often and maintained well,it"s up to the individual if they like the thought of 150 people driving their!1 owner" car.
i bought a 2nd hand picasso from arnold clarks citroen dealer this year,(1st time i"ve bought off a dealer).i live in newcastle,but i bought the car from edinburgh.it cost me £70 in fuel for two runs up(once to view,once to collect),but i saved over £1500 on what dealers were charging in the north east!!.
in this current climate it is very much a buyers market,to be honest if you are in a position to buy a car now,do so,you will not get better deals,dealers are making losses on some cars,just to achieve targets.dont be afraid to be "cheeky"and barter,i got mine down from£5900,to£5300 full tank of diesel,mats,and 1 years road tax thrown in.
always compare like for like,and use this to barter dealers down.
if buying new play one dealer against another,they will sell their own grannies for a sale.