Mot advisories

robroy:
Trying to flog a dodgy motor doze??
:grimacing:

I don’t know about dodgy rob it just cost me £617 to mot / service it and that was with a Vauxhall discount of 25 % off the original bill ( painfull)
They then said when changing plugs they’d noticed rust in coil pack & it would go sooner or later ( £225 apparently ) , 4 th coil pack in 47 , 000 miles ( I said leave it ) , 3 springs are apparently rusty , it has 2 small holes in exhaust that girl said would effect emmisions ( how did it manage to pass mot with 2 holes in exhaust , and apparently the 2 back tyres which are 3 yrs old are apparently splitting on side wall though I can’t see anything
They’ve been a really good garage but they I believe are trying to make there customers pay for the loss of earnings from being shut with covid
So need a 5 door so was going to change it anyway , car runs fine , but I guess after reading the crap they’ve wrote down it will cost me a big hit on p/x what 8 yr old car hasn’t got rusty springs , car runs fine but they put coil pack is rusty
I had my mrs car serviced , The ford dealer we’ve always gone to , £335 , I took it to another small ford dealer who even did a video of checks , explained everything , £201 !!!
How can there be a £135 difference from 1 ford dealer to another for the same service , why am I being asked to pay £225 for a coil pack that Is obviously a faulty part , 4 th one in £47,000 miles
This is all bad enough but then the daughter decides her car is 4 yrs old & done 30 k so dad needs to buy her a brand new Nissan quashqui, as if I’m not hemoriging enough money as it is , why does she need a quashqui as there’s only her , boyfriend & a cat , and mrs only I nput is not to say to her daughter , hang on dads spent £800 on cars this week , no her input is I prefer the Kia Sportage
Makes you wonder , I said for what I do 6/7 k is enough for a car , daughter thinks £25/30 k is fine when dads paying & not her & that boyfriend of hers ( not that she’ll be getting a 20k + car
ZB cars