Driver's Hours And Yard Practices

as said if their policy is to let any tom ■■■■ and harry move the vans and rigid around the yard that is the managers problem to sort with the insurance etc if there is an incident. just follow what ever rules are in place rigidly and make sure to keep yourself out of harms way. I make a point of asking a particular forklift driver if he has enough room if he is loading/unloading near me. or if I am in the warehouse and one of the guys wants a pallet near where mine are I stand well back. Not because I don’t trust the majority of the drivers im a clumsy oaf and could trip over my own shadow and go into a world of my own.

with the driving time issue for my job I have to get the client to write the time I delivered the goods to them on the manifest. I suspect but don’t know its because they don’t want their drivers sitting up somewhere for 4 hours studying their eyelids. I have an impression and again could be wrong that who ever this lady spoke to that said if your in traffic you should put it on break etc works for a company that doesn’t pay any breaks and wants their pound of flesh out of you. I have only ever really driven for one company so cant comment as mine don’t appear to do that but have read lots of stories from the seasoned guys that have said about it.