Minimum wage for foreign drivers

This is nothing new. Drivers throughout the EU are supposed to get no less than the minimum wage in the countries they’re driving in. This was brought in by the EU to prevent companies like Waberers having drivers spending most of their time running in say Germany or UK but paying Bulgarian wages.

Good, a step in the right direction, wonder if our govt will follow suit, answers on a dodgy postcard.

Probably 12 years ago now, the company i worked for would fetch Latvian etc transporters over for the peak periods around registration change.
Our union insisted those drivers were on parity with us, or no loads would be processed, talk about beaming smiles all round from the EE lads… :sunglasses:

Well, …
bites tongue… .

It’s been happening in other countries for years. I’ve had to cart about a form for Germany (with proof) and France for yonks now.

The rules have been there for ages to “level the field” but low and behold our government chose not to, possibly because cheap labour suits those at the top? :open_mouth:

Like immigration laws could’ve been used but never have.

Of course it’s not our fault though :unamused:

Been EU law for ages, but never enforced, how many Philo flop, get stopped daily, are they asked

Excuse me Philo, are you being paid minimum uk wage,

Don’t think it gets asked, just Tacho card please, thankyou, park there for 24 hours, Next.

Franglais:
Well, …
bites tongue… .

Yep, chickens and all that…

looks away, trying not to laugh, stroking Dutch Passport…

toonsy:
It’s been happening in other countries for years. I’ve had to cart about a form for Germany (with proof) and France for yonks now.

The rules have been there for ages to “level the field” but low and behold our government chose not to, possibly because cheap labour suits those at the top? :open_mouth:

Wait until the loveable baboon drops the act, and starts to remove employment rights, and the borders are opened for “essential” immigrants from Asia, Afrika, and South America…

You wanted to return to the 50’s. Beter brace yourself…

I think this isn’t aimed at visiting drivers as such but more likely the huge, 2 or 3 hundred truck fleets of Danish ownership but staffed almost entirely by underpaid drivers from the east and even Phillipines. It stinks and am watching with optimism, an old timer said to me the other day that in 6 months the transport scene here will be totally different, I hope he’s right.

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:
Well, …
bites tongue… .

Yeah?
But I bet you’re jealous really. We’re getting a different colour for our passports!

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:
Well, …
bites tongue… .

Yeah?
But I bet you’re jealous really. We’re getting a different colour for our passports!

Did that nice mr. Farage forget to tell you, that you could have had any colour passport, all along?

I wonder, what else that nice mr. Farage didnt tell you, whilst pocketing €100.000’s over the years, employed by Europe…

You couldn’t make it up. The most tragic part of this all however, is that your government is now going to ■■■■ up what could be a new beginning for the U.K.

As others have said it’s nothing new
I actually recently shredded my copies of my contracts in French as I haven’t driven any trucks since 2017 and certainly won’t be in the future .
The French scheme required you to have an agent in France .
I have never had to show any form of proof or ever been asked to while in Euroland

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

toonsy:

Wait until the loveable baboon drops the act, and starts to remove employment rights, and the borders are opened for “essential” immigrants from Asia, Afrika, and South America…

Not all of us wanted to go back to the 50’s…

I reckon we will see the act starting to be dropped by mid Feb…

Darkside:

the nodding donkey:

toonsy:

But some of us didn’t want to go back to the early 1940’s [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Darkside:

the nodding donkey:

toonsy:

Nope, not a clue what that means…

its all bragging rights for the danish parliament
eu law already says that
this is an ecomony of market working beautifully, just like all liberals from the 80s wanted ------> youtube.com/watch?v=gGISkzHXEMY

Juddian:
Good, a step in the right direction, wonder if our govt will follow suit, answers on a dodgy postcard.

It was an EU wide legislation so the UK had no choice.

Conor:

Juddian:

Doesn’t mean it will be enforced though, UK doesn’t enforce the 45 hour break in the cab rule

Mazzer2:

Conor:

Juddian:

Doesn’t mean it will be enforced though, UK doesn’t enforce the 45 hour break in the cab rule

Nor the WTD.
Lucky us, escaping those rules to stop us working too long and too hard.
Five H, one T.
That swelling on my tongue subsided already?

Darkside:

blue estate:

Darkside:

the nodding donkey:

[/quote]
It’s a reference to Germany being in charge of Europe (again). What that old chestnut fails to acknowledge, is that Britain could have been the top dog at the European table, if only the governments of the last 50 or so years hadn’t insisted on sitting on the fence…

Or, shudder, combined its capabilities with Germany, and truly created a powerful alliance. (Something Germany has always had a wish for… something to ponder for the “remember the 40’s brigade” who dont know what they’re talking about… :sunglasses: )

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
It’s a reference to Germany being in charge of Europe (again). What that old chestnut fails to acknowledge, is that Britain could have been the top dog at the European table, if only the governments of the last 50 or so years hadn’t insisted on sitting on the fence…

Or, shudder, combined its capabilities with Germany, and truly created a powerful alliance. (Something Germany has always had a wish for… something to ponder for the “remember the 40’s brigade” who dont know what they’re talking about… :sunglasses: )
[/quote]
And there was even a chance we all could have been speaking German now