Driving c class in Sweden

Hello all,
I’m considering moving to Sweden and going back to trucking driving but wondered what the going rate is for drivers out there if anyone could give me a guide and any other advice on the rules and regs
Thanks in advance.

The problem in Sweden is there is no minimum wage and theres many EE drivers working there for as little as 800Eur a month,many will live in their truck for weeks on end. If youre employed and belong to a (not sure if youre not a citizen) union wages will be a lot higher circa 2500+Eur month obviously hours dependent…

ive been toying relocating there last year or so as have fam there already…catch 22…you cant get a job without a personal number.you cant get a personal number without getting a job contract to show them,along with an address etc.chicken and egg stuff.you cant go and just get dole money as unless your an ilegal immigrant,theres no dole if you relocate from the uk.if there was,id be there by now.if you have at least £15k gbp,then you can get a number though someone swedish will need to vouch for you and underwrite all your bills for i think its 5 years till you can be officially swedish.once you have a job,if its seasonal.then you get 80% of your wages for the winter 6 month of the dole…if your uk/and pink,itl be hard enough as they are generally more openly racist than over here(much to my great delight),but if your uk etc,then your mostly ok as you will be seen to be well liked compared to the non pinks…they will despise you for not speaking swedish,but anyone under 50 will be fluent english anyway,but they mostly will want you to read and write in swedish with the older dudes being more nippy about it…once your there,you can do a night school language course thing,for 6 months,and assuming you pass,then you get 2 or 3 grand for trying to better yourself…the tax system is crucifying though you can claim lots back at the end of the year.ths stops all the flipflops etc working on the black.
you insure your car,and anyone is insured to drive it unlike here.great country if you want to work and get on in life.nice and clean,well into recycling etc,you cash in your old cans and bottles for 10 cents a time etc…wages are great compared to the uk,cost of living isnt much higher and overly offset by the wages.the uk is a poverty ridden toilet compared to your average way of life there.they are mostly polite and mannerly with the females a dazzling display of why hitlers lt shouldnt have come in 2nd.what you imagine is a classic ■■■ goddess air stewardesses model etc,you see all the time working in ikea or the supermarkets…class country if you can wangle it. :slight_smile:

You can get a person nr without having a job or contract as long as you are looking for one,and when you find a job you can use the Company address for the tax\employment\immigration people.
In the South it’s more difficult to find work for rigids as many Girls\women drive for local distribution co’s.Local work pays less anyway.
The further North you go the easier it is to find driving jobs in the mining industry.All the safety and work certificates and passes can be fixed with an employer and most can be done via computer.The mining and building sectors are very busy during the summer months due to 24hr Daylight so there are lots of ‘seasonal’ jobs,May-October,but if you work a bit '‘clever’'you can make enough for the whole year.I work odd weekends now and get about £500 net for the weekend.The tax system here is not so bad,tax\wages makes it quite reasonable and certainly comparable to Holland where i lived before.
I have lived here now for 10yrs and consider i have a good standard of living\quality of life.

So there you are. One respondend who drives for an Irish firm, chasing boats and generally telling us how good it is to live breaking the law, one respondend who lives up there, and can compare it with living in the Netherlands. And me. I was born in the Netherlands. Lived there for 24 years. I have lived in Britain for 25 years. Would I move back to the Netherlands? Not in a hurry. Life is not about money. It’s about where you feel at home. Secure. Happy. I have felt like that in Britain for the last 25 years. But I’m not sure about the next…

Thank you guys I already have a swedish girlfriend in stockholm that I will be living with.
Appreciate the reply’s any more tips will also be appreciated also.

Hi mikey i myself am a love refugee… my gf lives in stockholm now and I’m here at the moment. I still work for a company in England but when I’m not working i am here. A lot of the class c work here is either into shops or tipper work. I was told by the job centre inorder to get a Personal number i just need to get a job. Everything here revolves around that number from Joining the gym to paying bills. I love it up here and will move here eventually. Seeing as we “live” in the middle of stockholm city i dont have a car here so havent worked here yet. Im learning swedish slowly but surely as well.

if you get a contract,then you will get a personal number quicker.if you dont,then itl take many months.if you get married,or have a kid to a swedish resident,you will get a number in a cpl of weeks…you can do nothing without the number,though theres a kinda loophole my mates trying just now as he has been there for a while and is working on the black which is…if you buy a car,and can use an address,then they have to give you a temporary personal number which by definition is a personal number suitable for everything else…my fam has lived there for years,and im over and back quite a lot so conversant enough with how the basics work.property is as cheap as chips if you live rural. you could use her address,take the course,and get a cpl of grand for learning basic swedish?.as you will know they all speak english anyway,but working there would be different…as the uther dude says…theres oppertunities up north plus when in the mines your off card/no tacho. 2 on 2 off…paid for 4.leaves you 2 weeks with a clean card if you sniff out a job driving normally on the roads for 2 weeks…you could work for a year,and have enough to buy a decent house further south…