Reversing speed?

It sounds to me like you’re doing it right already tbh.
He may be commenting on that when you get to know the individual drops/pickup zones you’ll know better how to set yourself up for the reverse and what hazards there are on each.

I’m doing multi drop in London every day.
Yes, I’m good at reversing.
But I reverse ONLY when I’m 100% certain of what I’m going to do, what’s in the way etc. Sometimes you HAVE to get out and look. Sometimes you have to get out and check halfway around a reverse. Sometimes they are a doddle and you just KNOW it’s going to be fine.

Go at the speed that you’re comfortable with, if you feel rushed? ■■■■ em…stop for 10 seconds to gather yourself, then get out and check again.
My view on reversing speed is that I want to be able to stop in the time/distance it takes me to switch my view from left mirror to right mirror, so I’m pretty slow, mebbe 1-2 miles an hour on close calls, and mebbe 4 mph on a distance reverse.

What annoys me is banksmen who are totally oblivious to what you want to see as a driver. me, I want my banksman stood just to the right of my cab, hi viz gloves, and some sort of intelligence!
I.e. nighttime, they wear dark blue trousers, dark blue fleeces, dark blue ■■■■■■ GLOVES, at night, and stand 30 feet behind the truck, one hand in the air barely moving their fingers to direct you.

No, sounds like you’re on the right path, mate.