Some Old Seddon's

ramone:
I went over to Malta for the New Year and while I was there I got talking to a driver who had worked in the Seddon factory at Oldham in the 70s. He said and probably understandably that the workers there were on good money and thought they had a job for life. He left when redundancy was offered and got a good deal and began his continental driving career. He went back quite a few years later and stopped outside the factory on an overnight and told me many of the old staff he worked with were still there. He said he got talking to one of his old mates there and said he was driving abroad but the bed in his lorry was really bad to sleep on . His mate said hang on a minute went back in and brought him a brand new bed from the Iveco cabs they had started fitting. He went on to say every cab that came over was fitted with a bed but they were being used as dustbin lorries so they were throwing the beds in the skip !!!!!!Now this old driver was now selling dressed up time share holidays so I dont know how true it was but he seemed quite sure it was true… I didn`t buy a time share though the robbing … :wink:

Re- the beds, try and do that these days!