Happy owner drivers

ATS:
379 now, i am just wondering if there is any owner drivers out there that are happy that they are an owner driver, it all seems to be negative comments and people jumping to ridicule someone, it would be good to see positive comments

I did it for five years and earned a reasonable living at it, almost entirely subcontracting. I was hoping to get more of my own work (exhibition, roadshow etc) but this never happened as that finally went the way of all other international transport just as my O licence was being processed.

In the end I sold up, closed the company down and went off to do agency work instead but this had more to do with lifestyle changes than because running a truck wasn’t successful, or at least satisfactory.

I’m glad I did it, and I learned a hell of a lot but it can be very stressful, especially when things are going wrong (and when crap happens, it seems like it’s never going to stop coming) but I wouldn’t personally do it again.

As for you, if you want to do it, then do it. It’s always the things you don’t do that you regret in later life, not the things you do do, even if those things don’t work out quite how you planned.