What's Poland like to live and drive in?

Thanks Patrick, I may well PM you then with any questions - cheers! I just came back from six days in Bergen op Zoom. I went to Amsterdam and also to Breda where my gf has a good job. I’ve been realising how massive Rotterdam port is and how many oil refineries are there. Living somewhere between Breda and Rotterdam could make sense. The more I’m looking into it, the more I’m starting to see the sense in what you’re saying - it could indeed be a better place to be based. It is certainly more densely populated in the towns and as I am sensitive to neighbour noise, this isn’t ideal. Detached houses in the countryside seem pretty expensive tho. I also find the language incredibly ugly - but I guess you can’t have everything!

Oh I also noticed how prevalent an American accent is there - I think it’s from the films and TV they consume.

My gf did also make the point that the health service in PL is substandard and you just have to eat well, keep fit, and keep your fingers crossed! I think she likes the idea of a decade in PL (we are in our 40s), make some more money, then retire to PL. Could be a good combo!