Mental health

This happened to me many years ago when I split up with my first missus. I hauled her into family reconciliation negotiations, then when that failed miserably, several protracted court showdowns. Despite all the rulings granting me father’s access rights, she kept up her vindictive crusade and blatantly defied the court directives time and time again. This went completely unpunished by said family court, and over the two years that this legal farce played out, my nerves and mental resolve were shredded to the point of near meltdown. It was the single most painful decision I have ever had to make - to move on with my life without my beautiful little baby girl in it, and it changed my perception of this earthly life forever.
I learned that justice is rarely served, that some women are colder than an Antarctic blizzard and that time CAN largely heal unbearable pain to everyday manageable levels. One new partner and 12yrs hence, first missus traces me from Norfolk to my new life in Yorkshire, and rocks up unannounced at my front door one summer afternoon with my now teenaged daughter. Some woman, eh? Upshot was a failed attempt at re-bonding (too little, too late, and my girl had grown into little more than a clone of her mother.) After a few lukewarm encounters, the whole thing fizzled out and I don’t have any meaningful contact with her once again. Life is not black and white, life is often cruel and unjust, and sometimes you just have to ■■■■ it up and carry on despite the crushing blows it dishes out to you. I suppose the point of this rambling monologue is simply to assure you that there are other guys out there that have been dragged through similar dreadful scenarios, and that sometimes the die has been cast, and there is precious little you can do to change the realities. My daughter now has a partner and baby girl of her own, and I pray for a happy life for her. I just hope she’s a better person than her mother turned out to be.
I wish you all the best for your meeting - just handle it with calmness and caution, and don’t have any early expectations. It’s a slow and gentle process. :wink: