hanging up my keys

well im hanging up my keys for the forseable future anyway. my new job dad to 3 great kids the oldest is 4 then 20 months then 5months the reason is my wife has a mental illness and has been in hospital since last week we dont know when she will be able to come out but the illness she has is controllable with medication and care unfortunatley she will have borderline personallity disorder for the rest of her days and to my dismay it can be passed on to my kids through there mom which is how my wife ended up with it.according to stats 10 to 14% of the general population have it and is most common in woman it cant be diagnosed until the ages of 16 and seventeen my wife is 32 and for the past 12 years has suffered it wrongley diagnosed as depresion. :question: although i dont know anyone on trucknet personnally your all decent folk and putting this on here has helped me get it out my system.thanks for reading it cheers carl :wink: :laughing:

Good on you.
All the best to you and your family

Good luck Carl and hope your wife comes through OK. Seems like you’ll have your hands full but hope you can still look in from time to time for some virtual trucking

All the best

Calv

Good luck m8,i’m sure i speak for all of Trucknet here we wish your wife a speedy recovery.Truck’s will alway’s be here if and when you decide to return to the road.You have made the correct decision m8. :wink: Good luck m8

Best wishes to you and your family Carl.

Sorry to hear that Carl,

As you say we dont really know anyone on this forum but over the months I certainly have made my mind up about most of you :wink:

The most important thing is looking after your wife and kids, I wish you well. If ever you need to talk about anything, this forum is here for you.

There are many decent people here, so go and help your family, this is just a diversion for many of us I suppose. and all the arguments, strong opinions and wind ups are not important.

Big up to you mate, innit :stuck_out_tongue:

All the best Carl, and best wishes to your wife, hope she can control the illness ok.
enjoy your time with the kids - they can be great fun
(most of the time anyway :wink: )

good luck to you and your family

pam

Best of luck, Carl, hope it all works out. Rikki’s going to be launched into full-time fatherhood as of September as well (his health meaning I’m the one who stays “up the road”), so you will at least have company. :wink:

One thought…when things have settled down a little, why not look at child-minding one or two days a week so that you can keep your hand in through the agency or part-time work? That one day may not make any appreciable difference to your income, but may well be the saving of your patience. :bulb:

Hope things pan out ok…you know where we are when the “withdrawals” set in. :grimacing:

All the best to you and your family Carl :smiley:

One thought…when things have settled down a little, why not look at child-minding one or two days a week

Have you seen the cost of child minder’s nowaday’s :question: I think it’d be cheeper to stay home and look after them yourself.Oh Rikki i don’t envy your job come September.I’d demand that since Lucy is the mother and the kid’s bond better with mum,then it’s only fare that Lucy stay’s at home. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You could always drop the kids in at Rikkis, while you do some agency work :stuck_out_tongue:

kitkat:
Have you seen the cost of child minder’s nowaday’s

Yes, thanks. Which is why I said that was a suggestion aimed at helping his self-esteem not his wallet. :unamused: :wink: :sunglasses:

Best wishes to you and the family Carl.

Best wishes carl and don’t be a stranger.

I hope things turn out ok carl.

Best wishes to you and your family, Carl.

Best wishes to you and your family Carl.

Keep in touch.

good luck hope your wife will improve soon, enjoy the kids while there still young as they soon grow

dont be a stranger here

best of luck

Sorry, Carl - only just spotted this. As Malc has already said, you have to put your family first. Best wishes to you all mate
Regards
Trev