ERF E series

Punchy Dan:
After reading the recent ERF book I started thinking about Eaton samt ,there doesn’t appear to be any mention on trucknet like pics ,first hand accounts from drivers / operators or other evidence ,also the E series must be ( I think ) the model that from its start underwent the most changes over the 7 production yrs many of which are still with us today such as plastic bumpers ,air seats ,air suspension ,engine electronics ,semi auto transmission,speed limiter,( some items I’ve missed ) but a backwards step not as much room for a double bunk !

Good morning we had several ERF and MAN units fitted with the sat box at Henley Transport.
These started to take over from the eat on twin splitter boxes we had in the ERFs that we had (as you are fully aware of with having one our old units).
It was a case with the drivers they either hated them or loved them (and a few actually did)
None of ours were conerted back,but we did have a K reg MAN unit with the sat box that was only a couple of months old stolen from the farm at Spelmonden nr Goudhurst (the farm owned by the Henley family) So no doubt the low life that stole that unit liked the gearbox as it the only lorry parked there with the sat box!