ERFs with 4MW cabs RHD & LHD

3300John:
when that first batch of lorries headed for Jordan everyone at ERF was up for the trip. the lorries was to have a
service on route, not 100% sure i think 15 went first but some didn’t all the way. bandits attacked one night and
some lorries was fired (Lack of experience i would think where to park) it was 1968 quite early for the m/e job.
when the second batch was to go Agency men drove the lorries with about 3 ERF men to service the trucks.
no one wanted to do a second trip…on the Jordanian lorries the air filter was under the bunk the stack pipe run
vertically inside the cab not on the outside. what a ■■■■ up…some of the lorries run hot out there i was to go and
change the cab panels so bigger radiators (25 gall of water) could be fitted. ERF changed my contract stopping me
going to college an extra day so i refused to do the Jordan job…silly mistake i suppose but i was only 18 ish at the
time…it would have been a long stay doing all the trucks. i,d done one for a wrecker at ERF to test the job.
it would have been a good 18 months to do all of them without help.
John

Hindsight combined with untaken opportunities is tricky subject, fraught with randomness and unpredictability. Best to assume that it would have been hot, dusty, unsupported and dangerous! Robert :laughing: