Lisense renewall issues

DVsa received my application for a new HGv lisense on tha 17/2/18 , I then received the application back as I’d not signed the d4 medical form , so sent that back which they would of got back apx 1 1/2 weeks ago , I’ve not received my lisense back yet and it runs out on 26/3/18 so as of next Monday I can drive a Lorry , now I’ve spoken to them on various occasion and I’m told it’s with the case team and they have no updates , ring tomorrow
I’ve asked what is the hold up , medical issue , even though there were no issues on my medical/ eye sight test , no answer just we will e mail case team and try and speed things up
so how do you stand , can it take a indefinite time to renew lisense ( I read somewhere 3 weeks ) , do they have to inform you within a certain amount of time if there is a medical issue , who are the case team , are they just the normal people who check your application or someone it’s passed over to if there is a issue with your application :question:
nb all the questions above have been asked to DVas people on phone and I just can’t get a answer to why it’s taking so long , or if there’s a issue what it is , or is it just as simple as I sent application back signed 1 1/2 weeks ago and they say can take up to 3 weeks to check it , if so why don’t they say , ta

dozy:
DVsa received my application for a new HGv lisense on tha 17/2/18 , I then received the application back as I’d not signed the d4 medical form , so sent that back which they would of got back apx 1 1/2 weeks ago , I’ve not received my lisense back yet and it runs out on 26/3/18 so as of next Monday I can drive a Lorry , now I’ve spoken to them on various occasion and I’m told it’s with the case team and they have no updates , ring tomorrow
I’ve asked what is the hold up , medical issue , even though there were no issues on my medical/ eye sight test , no answer just we will e mail case team and try and speed things up
so how do you stand , can it take a indefinite time to renew lisense ( I read somewhere 3 weeks ) , do they have to inform you within a certain amount of time if there is a medical issue , who are the case team , are they just the normal people who check your application or someone it’s passed over to if there is a issue with your application :question:
nb all the questions above have been asked to DVas people on phone and I just can’t get a answer to why it’s taking so long , or if there’s a issue what it is , or is it just as simple as I sent application back signed 1 1/2 weeks ago and they say can take up to 3 weeks to check it , if so why don’t they say , ta

Hi, Dozy. when you speak to them, ask for a ‘Section 88’ letter. this will allow you to legally continue driving whilst your renewal application is processed.

Thanks night mail , but now got a letter from dvsa saying basically they cannot process application as its with t/c , and until they’ve made there decision one way or other I cannot drive a lorry , they’ve gave me a number to ring and I’ll ring up tues as don’t think there open b/ h Monday .
Strange thing is letter I’d dated 26/3/18 ( date lisense ran out ) , spoke fri 23/3/18 to someone from dvsa and he said they’d been waiting on decision from t/c , now got it and the case team had been instructed to process application :exclamation:
Anyway thanks again and I’ll ring tues and try and find out more