World worst drivers?

When it comes to car drivers I have to say that the very worst I’ve ever seen are those from Massachussettes and Connecticut, followed closely by New Jersey. Drivers in UK/Europe can be reckless but they generally get out of your way and pi*s off. I’ve seen so many near misses on the I95 and 495 etc where idiots in cars, talking on their phone, while eating a bagel, drinking a coffee and tuning the radio come down a slip road matching exactly the speed of a truck who’s boxed in to lane one and almost side swip him half way down the trailer as the slip road ends because at no point have they looked in their mirror and actually seen that massive big thing they’re about to drive straght in to.
No kidding, you really do have to see it to believe it, we all moaned about drivers in the UK but most American car drivers in the New England states make British car drivers look like highly trained professionals.

You don’t mention Vermont which seems to have the stupidest drivers :laughing:
They seem to have no clue about traffic laws, stopping on every slip road because they don’t know how to merge and stopping when they are halfway round roundabouts because they can see a car about a mile away comming at them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hey I used to live in Connecticut, and can still sometimes be found driving around. Only a car I’m afraid at the moment. I must say that I find drivers in New Jersey worse than those from Connecticut but the worst drivers I have seen must be the NJT commuter buses they really do believe they own the road.

The main problem with Connecticut is that the whole area from Newhaven to NYC is just one massive corridor of cities with huge traffic congestion combined with a very selfish and petty driving style adopted by a large percentage of car drivers and the road system cant cope with it. NJ drivers probably arent any better in reality, it just doesnt seem as bad because the NJTP for example can cope with a higher volume of traffic than the 95 in CT can.

I’d take the drivers over the poxy Deer anytime :smiling_imp: [zb]tard suicidal things, just had my 4th one and it was a big 'un :cry:

newmercman:
I’d take the drivers over the poxy Deer anytime :smiling_imp: [zb]tard suicidal things, just had my 4th one and it was a big 'un :cry:

Sounds like it’s time for some bull / moose / roo or whatever bars,

Did my PM make it to you about an alternative place to park at Albany NY now the rest area’s closed ?

I seem to have problems with my PM thingy :unamused:

Charles

robinhood_1984:
The main problem with Connecticut is that the whole area from Newhaven to NYC is just one massive corridor of cities with huge traffic congestion combined with a very selfish and petty driving style adopted by a large percentage of car drivers and the road system cant cope with it. NJ drivers probably arent any better in reality, it just doesnt seem as bad because the NJTP for example can cope with a higher volume of traffic than the 95 in CT can.

I try and avoid I-95 in CT as much as I can, I use 684 and 84 to go round that hell.

Pat Hasler:

robinhood_1984:

I try and avoid I-95 in CT as much as I can, I use 684 and 84 to go round that hell.

Same here but I used to tip a lot in Jersey City and other hell holes along the northen end of the NJ turnpike so it couldnt’ always be avoided.

remy:

newmercman:

Sounds like it’s time for some bull / moose / roo or whatever bars,

Did my PM make it to you about an alternative place to park at Albany NY now the rest area’s closed ?

I seem to have problems with my PM thingy :unamused:

Charles

Yes Charles, I got your PM, you obviously never got my reply though :cry: :laughing:

No bars will be appearing on my truck, a $300 bumper will do the trick :wink:

I have travelled around quite a bit and compared various driving styles and mannerisms and after 37 years driving trucks and looking around the worst drivers in the world live …

… RIGHT HERE :smiley:

I have never seen such totally mindless idiots anywhere else, in Britain, Europe, The old eastern block countries and North Africa. These pillocks pay no attention to anything going on around them unless its something going on that involves a cop, then they stop dead to be nosey and wonder why others are sounding their horns and swerving round them ?

Last night as I was driving to my daughters dance concert there were 3 cars infront of me, the lead car signaled left, then pulled right, forcing the second car that was going by on to the grass, then as the 3rd car tried going round the left side this twonk decided to move left again forcing that car into opposing traffic, before deciding to carry on straight after all :open_mouth:
All the horn sounding and middle fingers in the air just confused this woman … yes, it was a woman who had no idea what all the fuss was about ?
They have rule here that if a police car or emergency vehicle is rushing anywhere, pull to the side andd let it pass … which is logical but these dumb twonks think that is what ever direction the emergancy vehicle is going and even if its going the other was, 4 lanes over with a central reserve they still swerve to the side and stop dead then look at me with disbelief when I just carry on.

So how long since you left these shores Pat? I can see that any day of the week here!

I agree Pat, driving over here is appalling, the thing that gets up my nose the most is their complete lack of understanding of a slip road, they don’t appear to know how to accelerate and the ■■■■■ brake before they get on the off slip, drives me bloody mad :smiling_imp:

I return to the UK every year and rent a car, I never see driving as bad as here and Mark has it right, they are so stupid on slip roads, even stopping at the bottom and ignoring the entire acceleration lane, they just stop dead and look back at traffic flowing at about 70 mph expecting it to somehow stop. They even stop halfway round roundabouts to let aproaching traffic enter completely ignoring the fact that the entry roads have yield signs. they sit in the middle lane on 3 lanes at 50 mph and look at you in disbelief when you sound the horn and pass on the inside, the law here now says keep right except to pass but they don’t see road signs, all they see is the road directly in front of the car they are in. I have had my indicator on for ages trying to overtake and they just sit there and don’t see it, they don’t move over into the empty lane to let me out or in two lanes I can indicate to pull out seeing a car about 2000 feet behind and I swear they accelerate at the rear of my truck to try and stop me … doesn’t work ! if they want to hit the stainless steel bar across the back and total their car they can.

Must agree the driving here is pretty bad too,
and when you complain it becomes all Glock and Tequila
until the cops turn up :open_mouth:

Hi, fist time on this site, but have been reading it for quite a while, have read of many adventurs were folks were asking ( any body know what happend etc) but could never get registerd as the places i was at the time were to dodgy !! spam filter allways kicked me back. Anyway as to the worst drivers, Haiti is tops. Its normal to drive a pile of [zb] on wheels at night with no lights and 15 passengers in the back of a mazda pickup, with no lights !! personaly saw two major accidents out side our workshop that killed over 20 people in the 12 months i was there. saw a woman knocked down and killed while walking along side the road, the truck never stoped having crushed her skull, her children put some branches around her to stop other trafic from running over her even more. they were still there when i passed by a couple of hours later. haiti was on a par with the Congo. I started trucking for a dutch company after leaving the Army in 80, 1st trip middle east. have worked for what i would call some of the biggest rouges over the years, but worth it. done all of europe & Russia, then worked for the British Gov own trucking outfit, Bet not many people even knew there was such a thing, we worked in war zones around the world on behalf of the forighn office. then did 5 years on convoys in iraq. started my own business in Canada. But got stuck with the banks crash in 08. Then a year in Haiti with the UN. Now back in Iraq paying off my debts, but still have my KW at home in Canada. looking forward to meeting some long lost frinds & aquantacis on here. cheers John Jones.

saxonhorse:
Now back in Iraq paying off my debts, but still have my KW at home in Canada. looking forward to meeting some long lost frinds & aquantacis on here. cheers John Jones.

Who you with in Iraq, Halliburton/Control Risks/Groupfour/New Century :question: :neutral_face:

One of the stupidest things I see here is people driving straight off the shouder without a thought for the vehicle comming at them doing 65mph :exclamation:
Friday morning I witnessed even worse :open_mouth: As I drove north on I-87 about 5 miles north of Sloatsburgh services I saw a car on the shoulder with its hazards flashing, I pulled into the middle lane out of plain courtesy only to see the stupid cow (yes it was a woman) pull straight off the shoulder not just into the first lane but straight into the middle lane :open_mouth: I had to then swerve back into the first lane to avoid killing her and all the other occupants and as I drove past sounding the air horn she looked at me with disbelief, no doubt she thought my driving was wreckless :laughing: