Connecticut idiot

Perfect example of a twonk this morning…
I was heading up I-91 from New Haven on the section with 4 lanes each way, it was 06.00am and well into daylight. For about 4 miles there were electronic signs warning that the left lane was closed for construction, which still left 3 good lanes open and as all I could see were about 3 trucks in front of me, two behind and a Dodge or Chrysler van in the far left lane even thought the two middle lanes were clear, it was very quiet but this twonk just stayed in that lane for the sake of it as idiots do. comming up to the coned off area and there was one cop on the median (central reserve for the Brits) sitting in the grass and one of those worker protection trucks with the long crumple zone outstretched behind I watched the van shoot past me and smash straight into the truck as even with 3 miles of warnings he didn’t see the construction signs (too busy texting).
I didn’t hang around but I would think a very big fine is going his way, if he lived that is.

The trooper should’ve saved everyone a lot of time and effort and just popped a cap in his ■■■, that’s an instant stupidity fix :laughing:

Bet there will still be a lawsuit by the driver or their relatives!

Believe it or not very next day less than a mile away same set of construction a geezer in a black Honda civic rear eneded a state trooper car that was inside the coned area with his lights flashing, he was steaming along and took no nitice of the signs, saying ‘lane closed’ ignored the cones and hit the cop so hard the criuser was thrown into the median, a distance of well over 30 feet and the trunk was completely destroyed, the Civic just had the engine compartment destroyed and passenger compartment in tact, both people were air lifted to hospital … shows how much stronger Handa’s are compared to that Ford rubbish :exclamation:

saw same sort of thing this week over here driving nights but only went through the coned off area just because wanted to get infront of the artic infront of me… What is it with the beat the lorry mentality of people on the road

newmercman:
The trooper should’ve saved everyone a lot of time and effort and just popped a cap in his ■■■, that’s an instant stupidity fix :laughing:

Having driven through Connecticut twice this week, I love this comment!

robinhood_1984:

newmercman:

I really wonder how the hell you and I never actually meet at some point ?

Pat Hasler:

robinhood_1984:

newmercman:

I really wonder how the hell you and I never actually meet at some point ?

We’ve probably passed each other several times without knowing it.

You are not being observant enough, it’s simple ! … Foodliner Cascadia with a union jack on the front grille.
I look at every Midland truck incase it may be someone I may know :question:

Pat Hasler:
You are not being observant enough, it’s simple ! … Foodliner Cascadia with a union jack on the front grille.

Midland?! How dare you!

Pat Hasler:

I’ll keep and eye out for that

taffytrucker:

Pat Hasler:

I’ll keep and eye out for that

We all do Taff, it’s why none of us have ever bumped into him, you can see him coming for miles, so you can either jump off the next exit or slow down and get another to truck to pass so he doesn’t see you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You bar steward :cry:

Pat Hasler:

You know I love you really :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

Pat Hasler:

You know I love you really :laughing: :laughing:

Now I am getting worried :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

newmercman:

Pat Hasler: