Stateside "windup"?

Did anybody ever post onto the USA version of this website and start the famous “yanking their chains” that we where all going to do? I think its about time we give the “interstate jockeys” abit of “banter” about their seriously outdated trucks :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

I can agree with the outdated bit but Americans do not seem to think the are behind ‘How can the most advanced country in the world be behind in vehicle technology?’ I hear them say
The strange thing is that even though Ford is a US compny the European side in 10 years ahead of the US side.
I have lost count of the rows I have had with drivers who refuse to believe that any truck made in Europe could compare to one made here.

Pat,
Just ask them,how can such famous truck names such as Kenworth and Peterbuilt not have the “b@lls” to produce their own engines like the vast majority of European manufacturers!!! After all I would say it is the most important part of the truck!!

I have to say that when I ask why they no longer have Scanias over here I am told ‘They do not conform with emission laws’ when I hear this and see black smoke belching from stacks along the highway I somehow can’t reaaly believe it. :confused:

They don’t have Scannies over here anymore cuz the Yanks can’t get used to a Synchro box, and Scania would’nt put an Archaic ‘Crash’ box in their trucks…I know one Yank that has got a Scanny, iy has nearly 1,000,000 miles on the original engine…but he has gone through 3 transmissions!

I have met and talked to many drivers from New Jersey who still drive old Scanias and all admit they are the best trucks made.

Pat Hasler:
I have met and talked to many drivers from New Jersey who still drive old Scanias and all admit they are the best trucks made.

Yeah but the trick is to get them to drive one first!, as you and most of the rest of us know, Yank Truckers are some of the most reluctant people in this country to want to ‘try’ anything ‘different’, they seem to be so stuck in their old fashioned ways of doing things, hell look at so many of them buying brand new ‘Petes’, then ripping all kinds of parts and accessories off only to replace them with 1950-60’s retro parts!
Try finding a Volvo over here with both a Volvo engine and a Volvo transmission, in fact try finding one with a Volvo engine and a Freedomline ■■■■■■, the last time my dealer here in Atlanta checked the nationwide inventory he found two! and they were both out west.

Pat Hasler:
I can agree with the outdated bit but Americans do not seem to think the are behind ‘How can the most advanced country in the world be behind in vehicle technology?’ I hear them say
The strange thing is that even though Ford is a US compny the European side in 10 years ahead of the US side.
I have lost count of the rows I have had with drivers who refuse to believe that any truck made in Europe could compare to one made here.

Pat,

That’s probably due to the fact that none of them have stepped foot outside of the USA to try anything different in the first place.

The same thing applies to the Coach Industry in the USA & Canada, too. Give me a Volvo, anyday.

Jim.