Great/NOT So Great Start To 2014

Well we went to see the radiation doc and it was revealed and is NOT clear as the last test showed but now diagnosed with stage 4 , which is in the bone marrow, the outcome ain,t good, WTF. Many, many thanks to all posted before.

ray

flyer747:
Well we went to see the radiation doc and it was revealed and is NOT clear as the last test showed but now diagnosed with stage 4 , which is in the bone marrow, the outcome ain,t good, WTF. Many, many thanks to all posted before.

ray

What can one say , you must feel dreadful , thoughts are with you .

many thanks flat to the mat

ray

That’s dreadful news particularly after you were recently told your wife was clear. I can only offer my best wishes to you both and hope for the best outcome. This isn’t the end it’s the next round of the battle. Come out swinging!

Thanks DMD, just got off the phone after my rant wanting to find out how it can go from all clear to stage 4 in about 10 days, I,m hoping that the radiation doc was full of B/S and talking out his a****, here,s hoping. Awaiting their call back with the correct info.
ray

HI ALL , Just got off the phone with the head honcho and it was explained fully. The diagnosis at the start was stage 4 ( I missed that bit) as it was so aggressive but with 6 chemo treatments wife IS ALL CLEAR but as doc says who knows if and when it may resurface.NO ACTIVITY NOW…WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO
The confusion was when the radiation doc said stage 4 and painted a blacker picture, he sure got no brownie points from me. sigh of relief here. Many thanks to you great truckers who posted good thoughts . stay safe guys wherever you are.

ray

Thank goodness for that! I’m well chuffed for you.

Thanks robinhood_1984, yes it was a bad 48hrs till it got sorted.
ray

That is good news 747 :smiley: Some doctors can be a bit matter-of-fact about an emotional situation, i’m glad it turned out well :slight_smile:

Charles

Thanks Charles, where the confusion was , way back at the 1st diagnosis stage 4 wasn,t mentioned ( which by the way is when its in multiple places ) just that it was aggressive and would react to chemo well. The next we hear about stage 4 was weds morn,
so today I got on my high horse and got this s*** sorted and its now all good. stay safe

ray

Jeez! You two have been through the mill a bit lately! Now why don’t you and the missus take yourselves off to somewhere nice for a few days? Somewhere with hot tubs, masseur for her masseuse for you and some lovely food and wine by a roaring log fire. The rest I will leave up to you! Good news indeed!

That’s a coming DMD, just got to build her strength back up and fatten up like the Thanksgiving turkey and we,ll be good to go. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
ray

Wish you all the best flyer.just dont give up hope

Thanks nearly there, with it all being sorted out Friday, its now not so much of a uphill battle.

ray

Glad the news turned out alot better in the end for you both. What ever your futures hold I hope it’s a happy and healthy one for the both off you. Good luck all the best for your futures.

Many thanks Karl86, its onwards and upwards from here on out. if only that 2nd a********* would have stuck to the facts and not spouted clinical trials and studies, we wouldn,t have had 2 days of cr**.But its all good now.
ray

best whishes too you both

Thanks Shirley temple all the good wishes are appreciated.
ray

Hi Ray, the uncertainty of this disease and the treatment is mind boggling.
Just hang in there, and always get a second opinion.
Best wishes to both of you.

Regards Paul.

Hi Paul John, the first doc was correct but the 2nd doc was for radiation and only quoted trials and studies but no actual case results , also with a little distortion of what was fact was trying to get the wife to be guinea pig for him. As she was all clear no need for guinea pig time. Thanks for your best wishes .
ray