Is this false advertising?

I have noticed that certain companies are still claiming that there is a driver shortage, perhaps so as to attract new clients, is this classed as false advertising■■?

trukwarrington.com

Quote There is still a massive driver shortage nationwide.

Earn over £ 500 per week

Pass your test in 4/5 days

Just wondering what people think?

Yes without a doubt. People will think if they pass their test they will get a job straight away as their is a shortage.

chevmac:
I have noticed that certain companies are still claiming that there is a driver shortage, perhaps so as to attract new clients, is this classed as false advertising■■?

trukwarrington.com

Quote There is still a massive driver shortage nationwide.

Earn over £ 500 per week

Just wondering what people think?

I believe MANY companies in this field do this either as a deliberate ploy or maybe because they cannot be bothered to upgrade their websites.

There is still a massive driver shortage nationwide.

I would say that is a false statement

Earn over £ 500 per week

Could be true so not necessarily false

A lot do pass in 5 days so true in a lot of cases.

I’d have to say yes it is

Hi chevmac, I always wondered about the supposed driver shortage figures AND level of earnings quoted by anybody. :confused:

The good thing is that an advertiser is responsible for the content of their advertising, but IMHO, the not-so-good thing is that they don’t get asked to substantiate their ‘alleged’ figures anywhere near often enough. :imp:

IMHO, it would be a fairly simple matter to require figures to substantiated in a verifiable way, such as a reference like: this figure comes from < ■■ Govt. Dept> and was issued on < ■■ date>.

:grimacing: It’s hardly rocket science… :unamused:

I happen to know that the above site is less than 2 weeks old- another example

advantagehgv.co.uk/?gclid=CM … 3godg3K95Q

Quote- AdvantageHGV is one of the UK’s leading providers of HGV Jobs. We have access to literally 1000’s of HGV Jobs from across the UK. Our jobs are updated and added in real time - all complete with contact numbers, names and addresses. AdvantageHGV is the place to be for HGV Jobs.

this is obviously why lots of the members on here can’t find work- these have all the jobs :blush:

chevmac:
I happen to know that the above site is less than 2 weeks old- another example

advantagehgv.co.uk/?gclid=CM … 3godg3K95Q

Quote- AdvantageHGV is one of the UK’s leading providers of HGV Jobs. We have access to literally 1000’s of HGV Jobs from across the UK. Our jobs are updated and added in real time - all complete with contact numbers, names and addresses. AdvantageHGV is the place to be for HGV Jobs.

this is obviously why lots of the members on here can’t find work- these have all the jobs :blush:

I just made 2 phone calls.
First to Advantage who state on their website a figure of 80,000 jobs. I asked where they got that figure from? - answer - the RHA.
Second call to RHA and asked them if the above was true - DEFINITELY NOT was the answer - the RHA did not seem very pleased for some reason and asked me for the above contact details… I wonder why?..

ROG:
… the RHA did not seem very pleased for some reason and asked me for the above contact details… I wonder why?..

:open_mouth: If, by some remarkable coincidence, you happened to let that info slip into the hands of the RHA, there might just be a bit of hurrying and scurrying in certain lawyers’ offices just now. :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one ROG. :grimacing:

ROG I could state my love for you right now :open_mouth:

ONE

The Driver Shortage Problem
A recent survey carried out by the Road Haulage Distribution & Training Council (RHDTC) concluded that 72% of the top 100 transport companies in the UK have a driver shortage issue.
The survey also estimated that the industry needed to recruit around 50,000 additional LGV drivers just to fill the current vacancies.
Why is there this problem? There are around 1.2 million LGV licences issued and about 450,000 people actually working as drivers.
This means that only 1 in 3 people holding a licence are actually using it.
The average age of an LGV driver is now 46 years with thousands of drivers reaching retirement age each year.

TWO

Q:
Will I get a job after pasing the test without experience?

A:
With over 60,000 vacancies for LGV drivers you should have no problems finding a job to suit you.
Our employment business, Qualidrive has numerous contacts throughout the country and will help organise your interviews for you.

THREE

HGV Driver Benefits
Earn up to £600 a week — over £30k a year
Train in just 5 days
Over 60,000 HGV jobs nationwide

FOUR

Is it easy to get a job?
There are 80,000 job vacancies nationwide, so the answer is yes.

FIVE

Q: Will I get a job after my training?
A: With over 80,000 UK HGV vacancies — you’ll have little trouble in securing a position that suits you — check our website for 1000’s of the latest HGV jobs

Not all say exactly the same…
SIX

Finding your Ideal Driving Job in a recession
In a weak economy having a job partner you can rely on has never been more important.
We’re your HGV training partner from start to finish.
This means that we keep working for you after you pass your test to ensure you land the best driving job possible, with the pay and benefits you need and deserve!

Maybe they’re hedging their bets and want a waiting list for when things pick up

Looks like at least 1 of the above named companies has had a change of heart

trukwarrington.com/

NOW SAYS

Quote- Enjoy the freedom of the open road

Earn over £ 500 per week

HAS THE DRIVER SHORTAGE DISAPPEARED IN THE LAST 12 HOURS■■? :blush: :blush: :blush:

I leave the judgement up to you :wink: :wink:

chevmac:

trukwarrington.com/

NOW SAYS

Earn over £ 500 per week

HAS THE DRIVER SHORTAGE DISAPPEARED IN THE LAST 12 HOURS■■? :blush: :blush: :blush:

I did send them an email about the lies, did anyone else?

bubsy06:

chevmac:

trukwarrington.com/

NOW SAYS

Earn over £ 500 per week

Looks like it worked- well done :smiley: :smiley:

chevmac:
Looks like it worked- well done :smiley: :smiley:

well its not fair on people really, especially in these tough times. Forking out a few grand to train thinking that they will get a job because of a driver shortage.

bubsy06:

Hi bubsy06, no mate, I didn’t send an email… and Batman wasn’t available. :laughing:

:open_mouth: So our secret weapon was sent… :grimacing:

I’ll say it again…:grimacing:

Nice one ROG

chevmac:

trukwarrington.com/

NOW SAYS

Earn over £ 500 per week

I wonder who asked them the question -
“Please can you give me the information source from where that figure comes from?”

… Walks off… Whistling…

ROG:
I wonder who asked them the question -
“Please can you give me the information source from where that figure comes from?”

… Walks off… Whistling…

:open_mouth: Blimey ROG, What a result!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: We’d best keep you away from phone-boxes from now on. :grimacing:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SimonB:
This information regarding the driver shortage comes from the Chartered Institute for Logistics:

CILT(UK) > Pages

It is the ‘Road Haulage Forum’ not the RHA who quoted the figures. So I can see how the person on the phone could confuse them.

The CILT suggests that the ‘chronic shortage’ is due to occur ‘by 2010’ - so this is not fasle advertising. This is a Government backed body making these claims.

No governing body has since suggested that there is no longer a driver shortage, so the 50,000 - 80,000 figure still stands. This is the only survey available to quote from.

Si

Published: 17 June 2003

I would say that anyone who regards that figure from over 5 years ago as in any way near accurate for now, wants shooting or at the very least, should quote the date that the figures were taken from.

That would make them look like numpties - ‘There is a ■■,000 drivers shortage according to the 2003 figures’ …