CPC Case study Practise question Help?

Sean drives a 38,000kg twin deck drawbar car transporter on national deliveries.
He is responsible for loading and unloading the vehicle.
He is normally away from his depot from Monday to Friday.
He commences work at 05:00 and spends 30 minutes each morning carrying out his vehicle safety checks and documentation.

He unloads the lower deck at his first delivery. What should he do about the cars on the top deck?

A) leave four cars on the upper deck
B)leave two on the top deck and two on the lower deck
C)move all the cars to the lower deck
D)leave one car on the upper deck and three cars on the lower deck

So i was doing some online CPC test’s (Free), This was an question, i think its just badly worded if i’m honest but…If it was possible to put all the cars on the lower deck (it must be if it is a choice) surely that is better than leaving any on the top even just 1?
The correct answer according to the test was D but i cant see how?
All the car on the lower deck would mean a lower centre of gravity and therefor more stable in all circumstances?

Please can someone correct me if i’m wrong or confirm the test is wrong?
Like i say, just a free test i came accross so i’m not losing sleep over it.

and now just had this…

He commences driving at 07:00 and drives continuously. What is the latest he can take a statutory break from driving?
A)1130
B)1100
C)1200
D)1030

I put 1100 because after starting at 5 with no other breaks mentioned he would have to have 15 minutes by 1100 to cover him under WTD. If he had a 15 minute break before driving then yes he would have to have a 45 minute break at 1130 to satisfy his driving hours break.
But according to the test it is 1130 so it must not have taken WTD into account which surely is a badly worded question.

krisregt7518:
and now just had this…

He commences driving at 07:00 and drives continuously. What is the latest he can take a statutory break from driving?
A)1130
B)1100
C)1200
D)1030

I put 1100 because after starting at 5 with no other breaks mentioned he would have to have 15 minutes by 1100 to cover him under WTD. If he had a 15 minute break before driving then yes he would have to have a 45 minute break at 1130 to satisfy his driving hours break.
But according to the test it is 1130 so it must not have taken WTD into account which surely is a badly worded question.

The clue is in the question - it relates to driving only
It does not address WTD 6 hour rule because the driver might have started at 0500 then had a 15 min break at 0645 before starting any driving

Thank you for the reply ROG.
I would like to think that a test would be more specific and actually state that there was a break, very easily could be confused and actually with the evidence provided i don’t think my answer was wrong even though like you said the clue is in the question.

There are some very definite strategies for doing exams, especially in the logistics industry. One is that you need to focus just on the wording of the question and ignore things that aren’t in the that wording, ie ignore things you might know about real life situations.

It’ll be a computer marking your exam so it’s either right or wrong with no grey areas

Can you help with the car transported question?

Sorry, can’t help with the car transporter question, I’ve never done that kind of work.
Is it from that online theory practice site? TheoryTest.org.uk?
I don’t know if that’s an official site or someone’s own construction, if it’s non-official there’s no guarantee it’s been checked for accuracy.
I can’t see any logic in leaving one on the top deck, unless it is something to do with it being a drawbar trailer :confused:

Yes thats the site,

Like i said it was free so i’m not going to lose sleep over it,
Thanks for your reply