Driver hours regulation for only weekend drivers (main job n

Good morning,

I am very new in driving and forums. I need some advice on my situation. I recently passed my class 1 and started to work on Sundays. During the week I have an office job, 39 hours/week not related to transport, having a company car as well, but because of covid 19 I am working from home

My question is do I need to take the 45h weekend break every fortnight if during the week my work is not related to transport?

I could not find any clear guidance on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it doesn’t matter how many hours you do under the regulations. Even if you do 10 minutes, the whole week is covered in terms of WTD and EU regulations.

Also, why is the company car relevant to any of this.

• In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you need to comply with the weekly rest requirements.
  • On any day that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should comply with the daily rest requirement.

So in your case, each week you need to have a reduced weekly rest period of 24 hours or more and a 45 hour weekly rest period every second week.

You also need to be able to pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods.

You won’t need to bother about the road transport working time regulations because your office job doesn’t count towards the RT(WT)R working time hours.

As far as records are concerned, legally you need to keep a record of the office job hours (start and finish times only) in a diary/notebook so that the DVSA can check that you’ve had the required daily and weekly rest periods.

All of the above applies even though you’re working from home.

asfenton:
Yes, it doesn’t matter how many hours you do under the regulations. Even if you do 10 minutes, the whole week is covered in terms of WTD and EU regulations.

Also, why is the company car relevant to any of this.

Thank you for the confirmation, I found some information on a site about the what work type is included, that is why I specified that sometimes I drive small a small vehicle, and officially I do field work as well in my full time job. But now it’s clear. Thank you

tachograph:

• In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you need to comply with the weekly rest requirements.
  • On any day that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should comply with the daily rest requirement.

So in your case, each week you need to have a reduced weekly rest period of 24 hours or more and a 45 hour weekly rest period every second week.

You also need to be able to pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods.

You won’t need to bother about the road transport working time regulations because your office job doesn’t count towards the RT(WT)R working time hours.

As far as records are concerned, legally you need to keep a record of the office job hours (start and finish times only) in a diary/notebook so that the DVSA can check that you’ve had the required daily and weekly rest periods.

All of the above applies even though you’re working from home.

Thank you for the information, it’s clear

every other sunday from now on :smiley:

Do the weekly rest hours still apply if a person works 40 hours per week in an office then drives at a weekend on a self employed basis?

bewickeman1:
Do the weekly rest hours still apply if a person works 40 hours per week in an office then drives at a weekend on a self employed basis?

Yes. The requirements for daily & weekly Rest have nothing to do with your employment status.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

bewickeman1:

If mon to fri in office then one day driving every other weekend