Impact on personal car insurance?

How does being a truck/lorry/wagon driver impact on a persons car insurance? Does being a professional driver mean lower premiums, or the fact you spend so much time on the road increase premiums?

M65Chris:
How does being a truck/lorry/wagon driver impact on a persons car insurance? Does being a professional driver mean lower premiums, or the fact you spend so much time on the road increase premiums?

Cornmarket insurance give lower premiums and have a special section for LGV drivers

There was a time when insurance companies would give a 10% discount to HGV drivers on their car insurance, I don’t know of any insurance companies that it now though.

Having said that, hopefully someone may prove me wrong and tell you of an insurance company that sill gives HGV drivers a discount :slight_smile:

edit: Well I was proven wrong even while I was typing the comment :laughing:

I’m not sure if I got a discount or what, but I literally renewed a policy tonight with Adrian Flux.
Modified Vehicle, HGV driver - The annual premium? £260 Fully Comp Inc Legal And NCB Protection

Admittedly clean licence and 15 years NCB but not bad.

Direct Line wanted an astronomical amount while I shopped round, something in the £600 ballpark :open_mouth:
Meerkats could only get to £260 for the same excesses as AF