Turning Point Aberdeen

Anyone heard of them? Any opinions? Looks like Aberdeen Training Services has W+D only. Not sure if there is anything else in Aberdeen.
Any recommendation for that area?

I used them for my Class 2 before they had a class 1 motor. I was really impressed with the training offered. They use a traffic light system so you can see what you are doing well and what you need to work on. I’m guessing there’s 2 instructors now so I’m not too sure if you’ll get the same guy as me but I would definitely recommend them.

What about reversing area? They emailed me back and said they use a car park for reversing exercise.
Unfortunately I just can’t go and look as I’m too far away however Aberdeen is still the nearest location - only 12 hrs on the boat! :slight_smile:

dead.duck:
What about reversing area? They emailed me back and said they use a car park for reversing exercise.
Unfortunately I just can’t go and look as I’m too far away however Aberdeen is still the nearest location - only 12 hrs on the boat! :slight_smile:

I thought it was good for the maneuver it’s an empty car park so no one else there to put you off. It’s on smooth ground as well so identical to the actual test. Annoying you have to go so far. I traveled to Elgin for my Class 1 went to Mcphersons they were really good but it might be a bit far for you though.

Ok, but if they use the car park to practice, where does the actual test take place?

Well, I can’t get off the island at the moment so may as well wait till my husband has a week off to look after kids so plenty of time to decide where to go.

Really wanted to do CE immediately after C but I’m not brave enough to travel by ferry at this time of year :neutral_face:

dead.duck:
Really wanted to do CE immediately after C

You have to send licence to DVLA after passing C then wait for it to come back to do CE

By ‘immediately’ I mean a couple of months;) Still waiting for my licence anyway.

dead.duck:
Ok, but if they use the car park to practice, where does the actual test take place?

Well, I can’t get off the island at the moment so may as well wait till my husband has a week off to look after kids so plenty of time to decide where to go.

Really wanted to do CE immediately after C but I’m not brave enough to travel by ferry at this time of year :neutral_face:

Test takes place at Bridge of Don test center. You’ll do a bit of town driving some B roads and a bit of dual carriageway.