Failed class 2 reverse manoeuvre

Ok yesterday I failed my frist test on reversing manoeuvres.
Gutted is a understatememet as when tired this in training got it right every single time. But on the day hit the cone as turning :astonished:ops. So didn’t even get out on the road.

Not paid a penny for all of this as it though the company but gutted cause it somthing I allways want to do as a Job. But can’t let it go as I know I can do it and find myself thinking about all the time.

But what I want to know guys and girls any of you failed from the frist off and any advice to keep my nerves down to a minimum

You probably did not start tight enough on the left of the starting box - just guessing

KALMS herbal tabs for nerves

Yeah realised what I did after and didn’t keep the turn going long enough and should of moved forwards when I couldn’t see cone nut this gose out the window when nerves and they keep you waitting over 20 mins. More angry with myself as I know I can do it.

Thanks for the advice on kalms

I passed on Tuesday and the advice I was given was keep as far to the left as possible, then when ready to start reversing get your full left lock on and get your head out of the window, follow the yellow line all the way up keeping level with it until you have full left lock. You should see cone B now in the right mirror rap the truck slowly around cone B then straighten up into the bay.
Not easy under test conditions.

Good luck.

whitning:
I passed on Tuesday

:smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to hear OP didn’t make it on test. Try this. Never mind that you’re aiming to clear the cone - - imagine it’s your car. What would you do? Carry on till you hear the bang? Or would you do something else? That might include making sure you’re lined up to give the best turn, then turning quickly (keeping the truck slow). But your car is still behind and out of view. So how about sticking the park brake on, taking it out of gear, getting out and having a look. That’s certainly what I would do unless I was 100% certain I was going to miss my car.

And yes, you can do this on test. And no, there is no penalty.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to hear that mate I feel your pain!!
I too failed at start of my test back in December although I failed as I left the test centre so still had to continue for an hour knowing that I failed!

I mounted a roundabout badly! To the point it nearly tipped and to be honest I thougjt about giving up but I decided to book resit which was over a month later!

I failed because of nerves not due to being a bad driver! And I’m pretty sure you too failed due to nerves as at the start of the test There at there worse but not wanting to bore you any longer my point is get it booked and resit you will go back into test more confident and more cautious remember it’s worth taking minors to prevent majors good luck mate all the best

Stick with it. I passed in the middle of February first time but didn’t really nail the reverse parking manoeuvre until a day or two before the test. The irony is that I haven’t repeated the move since with the brief bit of experience I’ve had since starting some agency work last week. I’ve got it all to learn but you will get it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk