I failed

As thre title says I failed my class 2 on the reversing exercise, the worst thing is on training I stormed the reverse with a perfect reverse every time.
The nerves really did pay a part I know ware I went wrong not enough lock and was not Farr enuff to the left thus nocking a cone over :blush: :blush: .
On my drive the examiner said he would have passed me based on my driving with 10 minors,
What is best advise for the reversing exercise any input is good advice,
I have my re test next Monday with two hour drive before test…

pete1476:
As the title says I failed my class 2 on the reversing exercise, the worst thing is on training I stormed the reverse with a perfect reverse every time.

When I did my Cat C+E there was another bloke I was with who nailed the reverse every time in practice. Day of the exam he completely fluffed it.Thing is, because he always nailed it, he didn’t have a clue how to get out of trouble when it went wrong. Could be this played a part?

I wish you well for the next time.

Take a breath. Line up as best you can and take your time. The examiner isn’t looking for the next Lewis Hamilton, he’s looking for you to be a safe confident driver. If it looks like you’re going to make a Horlicks of the reverse think how you can get yourself out.

Héraultais:
When I did my Cat C+E there was another bloke I was with who nailed the reverse every time in practice. Day of the exam he completely fluffed it.Thing is, because he always nailed it, he didn’t have a clue how to get out of trouble when it went wrong. Could be this played a part?

Yes - if I had one who always got it spot on then I would put it in a position and say sort that out from there with max 2 forward shunts - that was C and CE

just put it down to nerves,afterall…you ■■■■■■ it in practice.

Yep I know ware I went wrong not enuf opposite lock at the start and some minors I can learn from for test day next Monday.
Am just worried as it would have been a week from when I failed to my new test day without driving time.
I know I get my two hours before test just hope I don’t forget everything I have gotten used to.

You wont forget anything, its like riding a bike, put it behind and move on - you will pass this time, be positive and good luck.

brados:
You wont forget anything, its like riding a bike, put it behind and move on - you will pass this time, be positive and good luck.

Thanks am sure all will be ok I know what is expected this time and I can learn of my fail sheet and minors,
Am trying keep the truck driving ethic while driving my car would be easy if it had 8 gears 4 over 4 :smiley: