Question on breaks

Just Passed my test this week now just waiting for my tachograph card to arrive before I can start work. I have one question though as I am a bit confused on breaks. I seen if you have driven for 4.5 hours you are entitled to a 45 minute break I also saw you are entitled to a 30 minute break once you’ve worked for 6 hours. So if I did a 13 hour shift I would take 1 hour 15 minute in breaks? Also do I have to have them within a certain timescale. I know the 45min one can be split. Thanks for any help

Don’t think of them as separate rules. If you drive 4.5 hrs, then take 45, you have in that 45 covered your wtd break of 30.

Example: start at midnight, drive till 4.30 then take 45. Come 6am you’re still legal.

Oh, btw, unless they’ve changed the rules, it’s not 30 mins, it’s 15

WTD breaks etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

jbaz73:
Don’t think of them as separate rules. If you drive 4.5 hrs, then take 45, you have in that 45 covered your wtd break of 30.

Example: start at midnight, drive till 4.30 then take 45. Come 6am you’re still legal.

Oh, btw, unless they’ve changed the rules, it’s not 30 mins, it’s 15

Ahh right I’ve got it basically as long as I take a break either before 6 hours of working or 4 and a half hour of drive time I’m fine and they’re not separate breaks. Thanks appreciate it.

Driving breaks also count as WTD breaks and where appropriate WTD breaks count as driving breaks.

Driving breaks explained

RT(WT)R breaks explained

Sent from my mobile.