Question on breaks

Just a quick question on break rules.

After 6 hours work I’ve not done 4.5 hours driving but take a 15 minute break. I carry on driving and after a further 3 hours at 9 hours into my shift I take a 30 minute break. Does that reset both my working time and driving hours periods?

Yes and yes

Driving breaks also count as breaks for the WTD and where appropriate (break length) WTD breaks also count as driving breaks.

Thank you for that.

After 6 hours work, you need a 30 min WTD break, not 15 mins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spinonit:

No you don’t.

tachograph:

Spinonit:

No you don’t.

Sorry, my bad - I didn’t see the break at 9 hours in the op [emoji3061]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok but why would you want to? 15 minutes break for 9 hours work? I always have 30 minutes before 6 hours out of principle. Don’t be a hero to the planners or TM for saving 15 minutes.

OK. I won’t state the company but I applied for a job advertised through an agency for a delivery/collection night trunk. I went directly to the company itself and found that the two night trunkers had resigned due to the high impossible workload. 4/5 trailer swops a night, timed to be in and out of various hubs in 30 minutes and finally I burst out laughing at W. Bromwich to Preston Lancashire in 2 hours! They’ve got the times from googling post codes and assume you’ll travel at 85 Kms from the moment when you leave the gate to your destination.

They know the two trunks are impossible and are trying to tinker about with them, so I’ve prepared a feasible amount of work that must be completed in 11 hours without continually running out of time. I’ll phone them tomorrow and discuss it, but from the timings they’ve given me you’d kill yourself trying to do the routes which sound like a bus time table (arrive no later than 01:33 etc). I just needed to be sure of the working time directive to plan it out.

Why would you…

Even attempt to try this kind of crap? If it can’t be done legitimately then it can’t be done legitimately. No amount of shaving two minutes here or three minutes there will change that. I have never ‘researched’ any agency jobs before I got on site. I get given a set of keys and some paperwork with instructions or what ever and get on with it. If they’ve set up a job that can’t be done legally in the time I have, then they’ll be picking me up from a lay-by, or where ever I’ve run out of time regardless of what’s been delivered or not.

Work six hours with only 15 minutes off…lol.

yourhavingalarf:
Why would you…

Even attempt to try this kind of crap? If it can’t be done legitimately then it can’t be done legitimately. No amount of shaving two minutes here or three minutes there will change that. I have never ‘researched’ any agency jobs before I got on site. I get given a set of keys and some paperwork with instructions or what ever and get on with it. If they’ve set up a job that can’t be done legally in the time I have, then they’ll be picking me up from a lay-by, or where ever I’ve run out of time regardless of what’s been delivered or not.

Work six hours with only 15 minutes off…lol.

Because ‘crap’ seems to be the only jobs going now. There’s ‘crap’ and the terrible ‘crap’ of the kind that you just couldn’t/wouldn’t even attempt to do. For various reasons if I could design a run for them that’s feasible I’d do it, but as I’ve said, not their version of it.

Any job…

That you have to try and figure 15 minutes off in six hours is terrible crap.

You list Rugby on your avatar, there must be less crappier jobs going than this pile of dogs do.

yourhavingalarf:
Any job…

That you have to try and figure 15 minutes off in six hours is terrible crap.

You list Rugby on your avatar, there must be less crappier jobs going than this pile of dogs do.

It is terrible ‘crap’, which is why I wouldn’t do the schedule they’ve given me. They also know and why they can’t get anyone to do it. When I told them ‘No’ they still invited me in for an assessment and I’m hoping they come up with something realistic.

I’ve had ‘permanent’ jobs that were 6 hour holiday relief shifts; a couple of weeks curtainside tramping that turned into scrap metal and filthy waste products and of course been offered everyone’s ‘favourite’, the store delivery that you load and unload yourself up to 3 times a night! The only thing left are the parcel companies that advertise 365 days a year for a reason. I’ll be honest, if I was offered a static security guard job at 12 hour shifts for £9ph, at the moment I’d take it.

There is a lot of crap out there. Personally I don’t just look at the hourly rate. If you have to travel an hour each way to work instead of 5min an extra pound an hour is not really worth it. I bet that there is a lot more on under £9 an hour then over driving out there due to where they live as the firms seem to stick together and have a cap.

Odd days:
There is a lot of crap out there. Personally I don’t just look at the hourly rate. If you have to travel an hour each way to work instead of 5min an extra pound an hour is not really worth it. I bet that there is a lot more on under £9 an hour then over driving out there due to where they live as the firms seem to stick together and have a cap.

I only have a small motorbike so I’m restricted to 10 miles travel. What I’ve been looking for is what I call a ‘responsive employer’, which is one that takes my age into account. I don’t think £100 a night, plus a little bit over after tax is too much to ask? I’m getting offered that, but the amount of work and/or stress would kill me off! :confused: I’m too old to throw a strap over two pallet loads high and wandering about through London trying to find places at night and/or loading or unloading an artic I just can’t do anymore. I wait and hope something will come up that I can do.

I know the feeling, they do seem to want more then their fair share of a pound of flesh now. Haha. I feel exactly the same.