WTD and driving hours question....AGAIN

:grimacing: OK…so I do 4 hours of other work and nearing 2 hours of driving so the 6 hour WTD kicks in and a 15 minute break is required. Does the 15 minute (WTD break) apply also to the 45 minute driving hours break once I have neared 4.5hrs of driving,meaning,can I just take a 30 minute break or it does it have to be the 45 minutes? Thankyou gents,and lassies of course :smiley:

Yes

Breaks count for both
Driving time break rules are stricter than WTD ones

As above, but remember the 6 hours work and 4.5 hours driving are the maximum periods before you need to take a break. When you take your break will depend on the day you have scheduled as well as the limits.

If you start pushing things out to the limit then you may find yourself unexpectedly running over due to unforeseen events.

Many a time I have encountered customers who look at me completely aghast when I say I had to stop for a break on the way. They think that if I still have deliveries to do, then I should delay my break until after. I tell them drivers are no different to anybody else and we get hungry and tired too.

stu675:
Yes

Superb,thankyou

And thankyou Rog

Noremac:
Many a time I have encountered customers who look at me completely aghast when I say I had to stop for a break on the way. They think that if I still have deliveries to do, then I should delay my break until after. I tell them drivers are no different to anybody else and we get hungry and tired too.

So it is yes,just 30 minutes?

K27:

Noremac:

Could be 15 30 or 45 mins depending why you need the break

K27:

Noremac:

Working over 9 hours in a day requires 45 mins in total. They could be split into 15 min blocks, or 15 plus 30, or 30 plus 15 or a straight 45. Remembering not to exceed 6 straight hrs of work.

K27:

Noremac:
As above

Over and out from me.

stu675:

K27:

Noremac:

Working over 9 hours in a day requires 45 mins in total. They could be split into 15 min blocks, or 15 plus 30, or 30 plus 15 or a straight 45. Remembering not to exceed 6 straight hrs of work.

Surely you mean the second break must be a min of 30 mins?

Acorn:

stu675:

K27:

Noremac:

Surely you mean the second break must be a min of 30 mins?

No. Not at all.

For wtd breaks only need to be 15 mins long.