Experience

IronEddie:

Well-Jell:

IronEddie:
I’ve gone from a catering job straight into class 2 work only a month after getting my licence. That’s full time with a firm. I’ve not tried agency, have you considered agency work?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How are you getting on with that job ironEddie ?

I saw one of your lorries the other day on the A1 and that’s what made me think if you were still there and how you were getting on.

Well it sounds like you have made the right move and it’sgoing well for you.

Just get your experience and then look around.

Don’tbe fooled by what you hear " there is no monday to friday 9 to 5 lorry driving jobs out there ".

They do exist, i landed myself one, and it’s the best job I’ve ever had and am loving it, only down side is it’s farther away from home than I’d like ( 15 miles )

I remembered your storey of you been in a job you didn’t care much about and wanted to get into class 2 driving right up to you saying you had an interview with said company and then saying you got the job.

Bad week this week not made it home in time for tea once.

Overall good though. I enjoy the driving and the delivering is mostly good to. Lot less [zb] customers than in my last job.

I’ve had a few clangers but seems to be how you learn.

My current feeling is that I made the right career move into lorry driving. I’m on better money and have weekends to spend with my wife and child. My only niggle is that my weekday work life balance isn’t right. Knew that it might be an issue going in. But still something I’m trying to make work a little better

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk