wannabe driver

hi so i have been looking into hgv driving for a while now and im seriously interested in starting a new career. i am 23 years old and just have a few questions that i would really appreciate if you could help me with. so firstly is there anyway to get help with the funding for hgv training courses as i have been looking and not found any myself as of yet. also im aware you have to do cat c first and i was wondering if i completed the training would i be able to get a job or due to my age and lack of experiencing will that not be likely, and if i do what will likely be my starting salary ? sorry if these questions have already been answered but i really want to start a career as a truck driver and just would like to clear my hesitations before going further any input would be much appriciated thank you.

Your location might help

Remember to check out all the stuff within the link in my signature below

my bad rog i live in manchester atm but im willing to relocate as i have nothing tying me down and i will check the link in your sig now

I got an idea of what I might earn by looking at jobs boards for my area. Filter out all the agency adverts though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is little, if any, funding available at the moment - though this changes from time to time. Some trainers, including us, offer finance. Beware of finance deals through brokers; stupidly expensive!

Your age will be a minor negative but you’ll get a start. Depending on the work, expect to earn between £8 and £11 per hour on CAT C. You may strike lucky and get more but I’m trying to paint you a fair picture.

Any questions, fire away.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As Peter has already said, some training companies do offer finance and the school that I got my CAT C at had a 0% interest finance available where you didn’t have to pay anything for the first 6 months! However I don’t know if there are any dodgy secrets hidden in the Terms and Conditions. None the less, I loved the school and they are reputable. Jcoates they’re called. Additionally, I am also a young driver with little experience and I had no issues finding work at a good pay rate. Location in the country seems to be quite a big factor; I live close to the Hatfield business park and therefore have all the operators there as well as in Hemel etc - so, like I said, if you live somewhere similar then it would be a big help.