Class 2 work so far

I completely understand what the op is saying.

I only passed cat C earlier this year and I’ve already done 2 multidrop pallet jobs and it was probably the hardest work if done in my whole life.

I would like to do class 1 pallet work some day where it’s 100% fork lift and maybe only 1-5 drops a day but when you are doing 14-18 drops per day with tail lift it is definitely ball breaking.

On thursday i was given a lorry with a half broken tail lift, a completely broken pallet truck and the back of the lorry was also broken and there was a bit lip to get the pallet truck over, not too bad if the pallet is only 100kg, but when i got to my first drop and it was 4 ton of tiles, 4 pallets, it was near impossible, only thing that made it possible was the 5 builders on site that came out to help.

Day after that i got given a brand new pallet truck and ironically enough didn’t use the tail lift or pallet truck all day, it was all fork lift and it made a world of difference, i actually went home happy that night and had enjoyed my day.

Am now looking for none pallet work, i can’t do pallets anymore.

But i guess we are all lucky that there is loads of different kind or lorry driving jobs.

Want to be on class 1 tankers or tippers someday, that’s where i really hope to be in 5-10 years time.

Class 1 petrol tankers is my ambition.