Theory pass

hi all, regular viewer of these pages and this is my first post. I am just starting out on my journey to becoming a truck driver. Had my theory and hazard perception test this morning and thankfully passed first time. I have a background of multi drop parcel delivery for 7 years along with 2 years of delivering gear for the oil and gas sector in a dropside. Has anyone on here used Whytes of Newmacher in Aberdeenshire for their driver training? Do I have to complete my module 2 before getting on the road in the lorry?

Congratulations on the theory pass. You only need multiple choice and hazard perception before you take your driving test so no, you don’t need Mod 2 at that point. But, if driving professionally, you will need Mod 2 and Mod 4. Most folks get Mod 2 before starting their course so that Mod 4 can be done more or less at the same time as the driving course.

Don’t know the trainer you mention.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Peter, I will be driving professionally so will need both module 2 and 4. I just wasn’t sure in which order. Will have to look into booking the module 2 before being booked onto my week of driving. is it normal for module 4 to be carried out at the same time as the driving part during a weeks course? Thats if I pass the driving part of course. I am getting my course paid by my employer and the above mentioned company is where they are looking for me to go.

You will only find out by contacting the trainer. For us, we can always do it in the same week as we have our own Mod 4 examiner on staff. So we can do Mod 4 tests at a few minutes notice. Many trainers need to book Mod 4 tests at the driving test centre so it’s down to their forward planning as to how it will work.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just wanted to add module 2 is easy peasy. It’s mostly the theory you’ve already learnt.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Andy Urquhart at Whytes in Newmachar is a Module 4 Examiner as well so he will be able to sort out your Module 4 Test during your training if you book with them.

Thanks Pete, Eddie and Alex. As I said my work are sorting out all of the module 2,3 and 4 for me. Was just looking for a heads as to what to expect before being told by my boss. Am already counting myself lucky by getting this all paid for me and a job at the end of it. I have found out that whytes use an auto which is a bit of stress off by not having to get my head around changing gears just yet.