Using internal load straps

Hi, I passed my class 2 in May and have been doing agency work. A lot of companies have little or no induction.
I know how to do ratchet straps to strap to the bed of a truck but have never been shown how to do internal straps.
Any pics or explanations would be appreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=vnXgIsYr6oI
skip to about 26 mins mate.

This only shows how to prevent the load moving side wards
So if I had 2 tall loads on pallets against the bulkhead( they had previously partly been held in place by other strapped loads behind them) I could put 2 internals behind them- 1 to each side? If they were properly tight then they would stop the load rocking backwards?

Magicmikew:
This only shows how to prevent the load moving side wards
So if I had 2 tall loads on pallets against the bulkhead( they had previously partly been held in place by other strapped loads behind them) I could put 2 internals behind them- 1 to each side? If they were properly tight then they would stop the load rocking backwards?

Run internal straps across the rear of the tall pallets, and anchor them as close to the head board as possible, This will prevent rearward and side ways movement.

Here’s a post (and pic) I made the other day in another topic, you won’t go far wrong if you strap the last two pallets like this with internals…

Reef:
The way I’ve always strapped the last two whether it’s cans, bottles or anything else with internals was to get the last left and right strap and cross them over and fasten them half way along the back two pallets, then get the second to last two internal straps and cross them over and through the pallets and then secure them in front of the other internals hooks, never had a spilt load or bulging curtains and I used to do plenty of RDC and Brewery work.

If the load looked like it was likely to have any left right movement then I’d strap every other one or even every row like the orange straps in my diagram, remember this was before the rated load restraining curtains, though tbh I’d still base it on how heavy or wobbly the load was even with them load bearing curtains.

Quite hard to put into words but luckily I’m quite prepared to potch around in Paintshop :stuck_out_tongue:

Reef:
never had a spilt load

Actually I tell a lie, in my early class 2 days I had on groupage and it was xmas wrapping paper and I had tipped part of the load and didn’t have far to go till my next drop I was too lazy and in too much of a rush to re-strap the last two… I learn’t a good lesson that there day :blush: