On my way!

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a few weeks and passed my Class 2 this morning in Thurrock.
I am keen to get on the road, but I really want to do my Class 1 and have booked it for the beginning of November.

I am based in Cambridge so will be looking for work within a reasonable distance from here. (if anybody has any suggestions?).
I am no stranger to driving as I currently work as a large item courier (self employed ), I have cut my workload down to approx 7000-9000 miles per month in the Uk and Europe. I have been doing this for the last three years, so hope this will help secure a position.

Ideally I will be looking for a position with the view to progress to Class 1, should I keep this quiet and look to move, or be upfront and open?

As I already spend half my life sleeping in the van, a position tramping would certainly be desirable.

Many thanks to all on here who have contributed some great articles, especially for us newcomers. :smiley:

If I were you, I’d go and knock on the door of operators running both C and CE. That way there is a possible progression.

Smaller family firms are often a good bet but don’t rule any others out.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: