Am I asking too much?

I told my prospective employer I have IBS and as such need a travelling companion namely a toilet in my cab.
To which they said they are not aware of adaptions for my needs and would not be able to offer a solution.
This can’t be right surely and also I requested to have no paperwork to fill in but again they said there will be paperwork involved, including a job application form.

They also don’t issue sat navs or maps which seems crazy!

I’m not prepared to use a fire extinguisher if there is one in the truck and won’t wash the truck on a Saturday either.

It seems like truck driving isn’t for me after all!!

Any advice?

If truck driving is not for you then that’s fine - you are not alone in that.

You now have to consider what your next move is work-wise

Get a job cleaning bogs…Always one to hand for you then…And not much paperwork to be done either…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What do you call your companion?

Could always use the extinguisher as a bidet!

Is reading a map classed as paperwork?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Always best to do a bit of paperwork after using the bog, saves skid marks.

El Deano:
What do you call your companion?

Could always use the extinguisher as a bidet!

Is reading a map classed as paperwork?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bertie the bog obviously.

Genuinely smiled from reading this post.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Glad it made some one smile. It makes me cringe when I really have to go.

I guess toilet roll classes as paperwork but it’s the most paper work I am prepared to do.

Thank you, that put a smile on my face:-) nice one

simcor:
Glad it made some one smile. It makes me cringe when I really have to go.

I guess toilet roll classes as paperwork but it’s the most paper work I am prepared to do.

Remember to hand it in at the end of your shift (drop the f).

Just FYI I don’t personally suffer from IBS myself just in case anyone cares lol

Have you considered becoming a taxi driver? Apparently there’s very little paperwork involved.

I did taxi driving for 3 years and drove an 8 seater every Friday and Saturday night back in the early 2000’s. There was far too much paperwork involved that’s why I became a truck driver.

I actually was a taxi driver til I did my truck licence, the only paperwork to be fair on that was a trip sheet, we even had a driver who could not read or write, his trip sheet had different writing on every line as he got each of his fares to write down where he picked them up and dropped them off and the cost of the fare lol true story.