working hours

I was offered a shift, which unfortunately didn’t happen. It was to drive from 6pm at night approx 2hrs unload 30mins? 45 min break 2hrs drive back approx finish 1145pm ish.
I would have started work for another employer 8am a finished about 230pm (non tacho) before the 6pm tacho driving.
Would this be legal / VOSA approved?
I would get 8hr break and then a further 3.5 between shifts so would it meet the working time directive? I believe it would?

Thanks

spacemanZ10:
I was offered a shift, which unfortunately didn’t happen. It was to drive from 6pm at night approx 2hrs unload 30mins? 45 min break 2hrs drive back approx finish 1145pm ish.
I would have started work for another employer 8am a finished about 230pm (non tacho) before the 6pm tacho driving.
Would this be legal / VOSA approved?
I would get 8hr break and then a further 3.5 between shifts so would it meet the working time directive? I believe it would?

Thanks

Work done for the other employer is counted as other work for the EU regulations.

If you start work at 08:00 and are having a split daily rest period you must be finished work no later than 23:00, you then need at-least 9 hours rest before starting work again.

A split daily rest period is where you have at-least 3 hours rest during the shift and at-least 9 hours rest after the shift, and the 9 hours rest has to be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift.

That’s the long answer.

The short answer is “no it’s not legal”.

Thanks Thanks clearing that up Tacho. Getting my head around the whole hours thing. The driving hours seems easy it’s the bits in between! :frowning: