Newbie Question

Hi all, I passed cat c a couple of weeks ago and tomorrow I’ve got my first shift through an agency. I’ll be delivering soft drinks around Sheffield with a drivers mate.
So, when I’m given the keys at 6am tomorrow morning do I put my digi card into the tacho then do my daily checks or the other way round and do a manual entry for the daily checks?
Also any other advice for a newbie on their first day that’s ■■■■■■■■ themselves would be greatly appreciated

Thanks all.

You put your driver card in then do the vehicle checks with the tachograph on crossed hammers (other work).

Don’t hang the job out but take as long as the job takes and you’ll be fine, good luck :wink:

There is no set time for the checks but, as tachograph said, take as long as it takes. If you get the same vehicle every day, it’ll get quicker as you know where everything is.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Tachograph, thanks Pete.
Another stupid question: as far as I know I’m only there for the one shift tomorrow, so if this is the case will I have to do a print out at the end of the shift for my records?

Baggers75:
Another stupid question: as far as I know I’m only there for the one shift tomorrow, so if this is the case will I have to do a print out at the end of the shift for my records?

No - its on the card

The employer may wish to download the card info because you may not be back there within the legal time frame for doing so

Baggers75:

Not unless you want to keep printouts or the company ask for one.

Myself I’ve never seen the point of doing printouts for every shift unless the company ask for them.

At the end of the shift be sure to offer your card for download, it’s up-to the company whether or not they download the data your responsibility ends at making your card available.

Start at 6 get keys instructions etc go to truck put your card in and do manual entries from the time you arrived i.e. 6.

nick2008:
Start at 6 get keys instructions etc go to truck put your card in and do manual entries from the time you arrived i.e. 6.

So I will need to do a manual entry no matter when i put my card in?

Baggers75:

nick2008:

So I will need to do a manual entry no matter when i put my card in?

YUP

There are no stupid questions. If u don’t know,then ask someone.Tell the ops that it’s your first time at any company you work for and if u don’t know where the oil is and how to get to it to check,ask him or another driver.I just had a driver ask me how to do a manuel entry and he’s been driving 30 years! If u can find a buddy driver get his phone number and pick his brains when u need an answer straight away. Good luck.I remember how 10 short years ago I was in the same boat.
Awful place to drive…Sheffield. Took my test their and still hate it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk