Helllllllllllllllllllllllllp!!!!!

Might get a call next week to take on my first job. I’ve got my digi card and I have read up on the procedures of use but has anyone got a site I can go to that will explain in detail exactly what I should be doing. e.g. should I take a printout at the end of my shift, is there a facility to type in where you start and and finish■■? I know these are dam obvious. I would be quite happy if it were the old chart type tacho but the chances are it wont be…

Cheers Tigger 1

You only need to make a printout if your card is lost, stolen or faulty or if you need to write an explanation for a deviation from the rules. There is a facility to enter where you start and finish but you only enter the country and not towns cities and so on. You are given the option when you insert and remove your card. Even though you may only work in the UK you must still enter the start and finish country as UK each shift, not doing so is an offence.

See THIS THREAD for useful links about the digital tachograph including a simulator so you can practise before you have to use the card for real.

A quick link to an online Digital Tachograph simulator

fomento.es/transportes/simul … _adsl.html

john

hey Tigger

Good luck for next week

Just a few tips from someone who cocked up on their first job make sure you have enough fuel in veh !!! i made that mistake as took the blokes word that would be enough and then found out had no fuel card so spent a frantic night trying to get fuel :blush: :blush:

Ask about everything you are not sure about if your using the digi card for first time the manager will be more than happy to show you what to do just explain its your first time :wink:

above all take your time they will be more than happy to pay a little extra in work hours than a the cost of a new bumper wing etc !!!

wish you all the best and hope your first day day goes well come back and tell us how it went !!

jen x

Thanks all. As I say the old disc charts are quite simple but the digi tach is a new beast. Thanks all. I’ll come back and let you know how I got on.

Tigger 1

tigger1:
Thanks all. As I say the old disc charts are quite simple but the digi tach is a new beast. Thanks all. I’ll come back and let you know how I got on.

Tigger 1

Digi is easier than analogue, it’s just people expect it to be more complicated. You will get to grips with it quickly, the mode switches are the same as using analogue and the only real difference is putting in the card instead of filling out a chart. Don’t worry too much about it.

may sound stupid ,but make sure if driving you put your card in slot 1…

norb:
may sound stupid ,but make sure if driving you put your card in slot 1…

Surely nobody would be stupid enough to put their card in slot 2 then drive off and wonder why it says driving without card, would they? :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ve only done it once though. :wink:

i am a tacho fitter and it’s amazing what people have done with them…