Advice on tuition

Hi, I’ve just passed my class two a couple of weeks ago and now I am about to book my class 1 training/test.

My question is do people find the intense course a better option than the 5 day course ie, lessons Monday to Thursday and test on Friday or the lessons on Monday Tuesday and test at the end of the day/next day??

The reason I ask is due to current work commitments, the 2 day course is alot easier to arrange.

I’ve seen offers from Peter Smythe training offering the two days and I’m seriously considering booking in with him as all the reviews seem amazing.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Depends what your brain can cope with - many find they can only cope with 4 hours per day when training

I know I couldn’t do it in two days !
Far to much to learn and retain .
I did my class 2 with petter Smythe last week starting on Thursday day one , Friday day two , weekend off and back at it on Monday and Tuesday with test on Wednesday .
I was brain ■■■■■■ after thursdays training . So glad I had the weekend off for things to sink in ready for Monday .
For me this was the best option .
(Passed first time )

For my class two I did four hours a day for four days and I felt each day that I was just getting in to the swing of things and then I had to stop untill the next day, so I really don’t know what’s best,

Yes, the theory is that most folks would find “all day” training difficult. Interesting that I cant remember the last one who failed having done that course.

It’s also down to the skill of the instructor to pace the training during the day.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That’s good to know, so with yourself, how does the two day training work? Is the test at the end of the second day? Do I need to have an assessment first?

We normally do Saturday and Sunday - 7 hours a day with test Monday morning. If it’s midweek then it may be possible to manipulate the times to end with a test on day 2.

You wont need it, but booking at the moment gives you a retest free of charge as well.

Let me know if I can help further.

Okay great the weekend sounds like the best option for me,
1, does the accommodation offer still stand and if so what days would this cover?
2, what would be the start time on Saturday, as I’d be travelling about 130 miles to get to you.

I’d be looking at doing it in the the next three weeks, providing I can book time of work.

Seem to have lost track of this thread so apologies for the very slow reply.

We would normally start 8 or 9 on Saturday so suggest you travel and stay in our accommodation on the Friday night.

You would obviously also get free accommodation for Sat and Sunday nights.

There is ONE course available starting 22nd April. First come, first served.

Sorry again for the slow reply; but I’ll extend the free retest offer in this case until close of business Monday 3rd April.