Training and test next week...edited ..PASSED CLASS 2

Hi guys been lurking on here since i started revising for my theory tests which i passed in december and beggining of January. Thumbs up to ROG and anyone who contributes to the site , its full of great help and advice.

Had a class 2 assessment drive with East Coast Driver Training in Norwich in a manual … All went well …but when it came to book my training i decided to go for auto, i got the the hang of the gears pretty much but did get ‘lost’ in the gearbox a couple of times :blush: the instructor who i cant remember his name made me feel very relaxed and said i was quite good considering the largest thing id drove was a transit.

Anyway my main question is to everyone how much training did u have , as i have got 2 8 hour days then 2 hours before my test all one to one tuition …and am a touch worried now i feel i maybe should of went for the 5 days shared

Cheers guys

I will never condone doing full days 1 to 1 especially for the C course as it has proven to be the case in my experience that the trainee gets brain fried by early afternoon

In general most have either 5 half days 1 to 1 or 5 full days of 2 to 1 with the test on day 5

3-4 half days one to one tuition will suffice with me.

This works for me and proof is in the pudding.

Paul :smiley:

I see …makes sense i guess its alot to take in …

The instructor asked how i felt about doing it and me being me said it would be ok…i did my driving lessons at 4hour lessons although that was 9 years ago i would hope my brain can still compute most info given to me …

Bit late to change it now as lessons are on Monday and test Wednesday ,

Thanks for the replys

I’m with Paul on this one. We normally do 4 sessions of 3.5hrs followed by test. And, to quote, the proof is in the pudding.

But, we do sometimes do 2 x 7hrs and that also works perfectly well.

Choice is key.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I’m with Paul on this one. We normally do 4 sessions of 3.5hrs followed by test. And, to quote, the proof is in the pudding.

But, we do sometimes do 2 x 7hrs and that also works perfectly well.

Choice is key.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I found doing C and CE different
C = short lessons over a longer period
CE = could be long lessons over a shorter period especially if the drive had experience on C

Start on Saturday morning, out every day through to the test on the following Friday.

2 x 1 hour runs each day (in other words two different test routes each day), except for the Sunday where you would just practice reversing for a while in the morning. More reversing and coupling/uncoupling trailer in between runs during the week. You would get a quick run out on test day to get you ready.

Done the same way whether it was the Artic or Rigid lessons.

I passed both my c and c+e with east coast driver training and both were the short course (2 full days followed by a couple of hours then test) in autos .
At the end of the first day on my c lessons I did have a brain melt down but the next day it all sank in .
The instructors there are good and will make you feel at ease so don’t worry .

I don’t know how it is gonna go for you but every1 is different.
I did 4 half days with test on the 5th day (after an hour warm up), I failed first attempt: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=123689

Passed second attempt a week from my first attempt day.

All the best and hope you smile on your first attemp pal

18 hours for my class 2 - 4 hours a day over 4 days then 2 hours pre test
19 hours class 1 - 3 hours a day for 6 days then 1 hour pre test

2 x 4hr sessions for my C :slight_smile:

Cheers for the replies fellas

The instructor i had was a scouse bloke he did his very best to Make me feel confident and i do hope i get him again…but i will go into with a postivie attitude now ive had the weekend to prepare …

Cant wait to becoma a hgv driver for many reasons

Thanks again

I had 3 hours 1:1 on my first day, then 2 “shared” days and another 1:1 hour pre-test. All-in-all I had 12 hours driving time and passed Cat C first time with 4 minors.

Shared driving days are far better - I was shattered after 3 solid hours on my first day, plus I got to see more of the test routes and pick up knowledge of any quirky roads or areas to remember when the other trainee was driving

Hello again …thought i would just fill everyone in on what happened on my training.

Day one went well got the hang of everything basically … Was looking forward to day 2 to really get things on point. My main issue was 1st exits on roundabouts and straight over , i seem to be fine with any roundabouts where the further round i went. I kept getting too tight to the nearside curb on entry causing me to make quick negative steering adjustments which wasnt allowed. Anyway with that in mind as i said i was looking forward to day 2.

Day 2 started well but due to a dodgy milkshake i downed at 7 in the morning my day went very badly . After eating my lunch at 12 we drove for half hourish before i started to feel very unwell so we pulled over and i had a walk around for ten mins before i was sick …had another 10 mins to refresh and started to drive again but didnt feel well and couldnt concentrate so decided to call it a day losing out on nearly 3 hours of driving …i drove home and spent a few hours having a major stomach upset and getting very worried about my 8.30 test in the morning.

Slept until 5.50 then got up and thought gotta try and do my best even though i still felt ill. Had 1hour 15 mins pretest drive through an empty norwich before getting to the test centre …

Fluffed the questions but the examiner asked me a few more i think becuase he could see my nerves and i got them right …did the reverse fine then headed out luckily because i had a 8.30 test most of the rush hour traffic was gone as i hit the road. Drove the best i had done throughout my lessons and somehow managed to pass with only 4 faults 1 because i checked my blindspot too fast , more of a glance, 2 for hesitation on a roundabout and 1 because i jerked the truck accelerating hard not to in an auto .

So with only 9.5 hours roughly i passed …soo chuffed cant wait to provide for my little family as this is very important to me …thanks again for all the knowledge on this site its helped me immensely

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats On Your Pass
Im Doing 4 days 2:1 and then Test in afternoon, next week Gulp

Very well done pukey.

eagerbeaver:
Very well done pukey.

Lolol cracked me up …‘pukey’

Currently look after my 8 month old daughter whilst the mrs works …i guess i better book the CPC now …trying to find the cheapest i can in norfolk …

Anyone attempted and passed the initial CPC without training? Just a thought there is plenty of online help