Is there a driver shortage and will it put up wages

calsdad:
Pete, u post a lot of good stuff…but…

Taylors - u cannot be serious. This is the work for the truely desperate. Crap (most i was offered borderline legal) trucks, crap work, crap money. I didn’t make it off the yard chose to go home after refusing to drive 3 different trucks decided to leave. Duct tape holding on bodywork, all tyres re-cut and ■■■■■■■■■■■■, cabs full of ■■■ ash and stinking of ■■■■. I could go on.

Suggest anyone thinking about them as an option does a quick search for them on here…

From what I’ve heard is the Class 1 stuff isn’t too bad but the rigid work is dire. I got asked by one agency to do some work for them, a quick search on the main forum was all I needed. As a new driver you really need to go with a good company as running around in wagons that are falling to bits is not a good way to start your career. If you are thinking about doing general, give Rase or Cartwrights a try. I’ve done work for Cartwrights, although their Class twos are a bit hit and miss, the guys in the office know what they are doing.