Own account transport?

how would you describe this ■■
thanx

Hi Dave ,
my answer would have to be the carriage of your own goods,not for hire or reward i.e

Rikki carries his own companys road planer from A toB.
When at B the company has its own men to operate the piece of plant.
This is own acount work.

Rikki carries an excavator for Fred Bloggs from Ato B so that Freds man can operate the piece of plant.

The low loader has been hiredto carry the excavator from A to B and for that work there is a reward

Goods carried for hire and reward need to be carried on vehicles with a Standard National O’licence…in this country of course.

cheers
STEVE.

In addition to what Steve says a company operating under a Restricted Operators Licence, for Own Account operations only, can carry goods for hire or reward as long as the goods are the property of:

1 A subsidiary company of the licence holder.

2 The holding company of the licence holder.

3 A subsidiary of a company which is a holding company both for that subsidiary and the licence holder.

A good example of an “Own account” operator would be any supermarket or maybe a manufacturing company (say Pilkingtons) that owns its own trucks used only for deliveries of their own products & possible back hauls (you can tell i’ve been in the USA :slight_smile: ) of raw materials.

Usually the newest trucks on the road as it is not the lorry which is making the money, as in a haulage co.