Car Transport , NI - Mainland - BREXIT

Hi guys,

I have a 7.5tonne twin deck car transporter , pulling a 3.5tonne trailer.

I have a operator license in my own name.

I am a registered soletrader ,

As part of my current business , I part-time bring private customers car’s across from NI to UK mainland through Larne Carnryan… Then on the return bring back 3 of my own , purchased veichles.

I have got a EORI Number - but waiting on a XIEORI number…
Signed upto beems - P&O GMR creation interface…
Trying to sign upto TTS , or Transport services for customs decleration…

Can someone who is moving cars over and back please tell me what I need , do not need… and what I need to show to customs & port staff?

I need a GMR right , and that GMR needs to be loaded with the custom declerations of each veichle■■?

It’s all very complex - and I cannot get any help… I am concerned a one mand band like me , doing it all myself will not be able to cope with all the paperwork required each way? Just need straight forward and point by point advise for a smallish car mover…

Thanks alot!

Have you tried giving MVT in Keady a ring? They moved cars back and forth last week so must know what is needed I know you said small operators but I’m guessing what you need is the same regardless of number of vehicles on the transporter.

Mazzer2:
Have you tried giving MVT in Keady a ring? They moved cars back and forth last week so must know what is needed I know you said small operators but I’m guessing what you need is the same regardless of number of vehicles on the transporter.

I was going to phone a local transporter - but thought they would be a little bothered about explaining the rules to someone who is also a transporter lol :wink: - I will try them and co if I have no luck.

DoranTransport:

Mazzer2:

I was going to phone a local transporter - but thought they would be a little bothered about explaining the rules to someone who is also a transporter lol :wink: - I will try them and co if I have no luck.

I think they might be helpful enough I know what you mean about asking someone in the same line of work for advice, but I doubt they’d be worried about you taking their work :slight_smile: :slight_smile: