Single/twin vehicle transporters

Anyone here who transports vehicles, by 4x4 and trailer etc. Have you managed to work out what docs are need to cross into europe.

The “advice” points at service stations are cluless
Customs on phone didnt know, just kept saying try this number
The gov website is useless too

Cheers

Breakdowns being moved for the owner (recovery)?
Or as part of a sale, new or used?
Or as scrap?
Having asked all that, I still wouldn`t know, sorry, but it may help to avoid misunderstandings later.

Braught back to uk for warranty repairs then returned

Then also vehicles people have bought and need moving to or from

Or just personal vehicles that need moving in or out for various reasons

So, no buying or selling of goods?
You are operating for a profit (I hope!) but no vehicles being sold for profit attracting any taxes, tariffs, vat, etc. etc. neither by you nor anyone else.
All vehicles will have valid registration documents, and letters from registered owners to say you have a legal right to be in possession of them? (Beware of registered owners being a company, or finance company, or whatever, rather than the habitual driver)
Will the vehicles be UK reg, or reg in an Eu country, or are both cases possible?

Sorry again, I still don`t know, :smiley: . Just trying to get it clear for others who may know, and save you some time.

Good luck.

No it all helps its a minefield and typical gov f all information available or someone accessible who can give answers.

Would be either eu or uk registered and myself would have no part of the buying/selling or profit. Just acting as the haulier if you like to move from a to b

Used to be in & out of Swiss regularly and tourist would be on our paperwork, this was carrying various vehicles on a 4x4 & trailer and never has an issue.

I know your asking about the current EU situation but if I’ve read stories correctly then people are having to do T1 & T2 similar to Swiss.

Just my thoughts and I’m obviously not saying you’d be ok doing thus.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks ill have a read up.