Power from tail-lift connector / Anderson socket

I am looking to install a 24V electrical system on a semi-trailer (similar to powering a tail-lift), however I’m unsure how much power I would be able to draw from the tractor unit.

I was hoping someone might know what the maximum continuous power draw would be. I presume limitations here is the alternator on the tractor, cables and connectors as well as other ancillaries that also need power on the semi-trailer such as lights and tail-lifts. Links to datasheets etc. would be really helpfull.

No datasheets, just a good memory and found this, it gives some figures for running Anderson leads to microwaves and inverters.

Anderson Plug to Inverter Lead

Are you intending drawing power when stationary or running or both? Can you run engine whilst drawing power if parked?
Considered a generator if using it when parked and needing lots of power for a long time?

I’m only intending to draw power when running, so I’d be keen to understand the rating of the continuous rating of the generator and electrical system.

Does anyone know how much a tail-lift draws for example?

niko0807:
I’m only intending to draw power when running, so I’d be keen to understand the rating of the continuous rating of the generator and electrical system.

Does anyone know how much a tail-lift draws for example?

From dhollandia,
 To ensure the reliability of the lift over many years, it is extremely important that
the batteries, their charging system, the battery- and earth cables, and fuses are
dimensioned sufficiently strong, and fitted with care following above mentioned
instructions. Insufficient battery tension will cause harm and irreparable damage
to the electric components of the lift (starter solenoid, electric motor, electric
switches, etc…).
 As most vehicles are supplied with power supplies that cover the primary needs of the
original equipment only, the vehicle owner & his contractors should consider upgrading
the battery capacity and charging system in function of the additional needs of all auxiliary
equipment (tail lift, but also extra heating system, refrigeration units, etc…).
 The alternator of the vehicle should have a min. rating of 14V/45A for 12V vehicles
and 28V/80A for 24V vehicles.
 In case of long journeys and short periods of tail lift use, the existing alternator and
batteries will probably suffice.
 In case of long journeys and long periods of intensive tail lift use, the batteries will
probably need upgrading by heavier duty ones.
 In case of short journeys and long periods of intensive tail lift use, both the alternator
and the batteries will probably need upgrading. (Alternator of 14V/80A or 28V/135A).
 The following min. battery equipment is recommended in function of the tail lift capacity:
Capacity V Battery
750-
1000kg
12V 1x 140Ah
24V 2x 88Ah
1500-
2000kg
12V 1x 180Ah
24V 2x 135Ah
12V Not recommended
24V 2x 180Ah
+2000kg